- Are you a virtualization pro? Are you an expert in all things AWS?
- Does defining and deploying monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS excite you?
- Are you a virtualization pro who excels at AWS configuration, system standardization, auditing and security monitoring?
- Are you familiar with Linux Centos OS?
If you can say YES to these questions MCC may have the ideal role for you as a Network and Virtualization Engineer.
MCC, an international human resources consulting firm, is seeking a gifted network and virtualization engineer to help us update and manager our on-premises and cloud networks and to fulfil our vision “to be the leading partner in building and sustaining high-performing and fully-engaged cultures through talent selection, development and analytics.
- An opportunity to work with those who appreciate and reward performance
- A stimulating growth environment and highly engaged company culture – we are a five-time winner by Great Place to Work® as one of the best small and medium workplaces in the United States
- An opportunity to express your creativity
Equal Opportunity Employer. All financial, employment and personal references will be checked.
Disclaimer: We hate job descriptions! We believe every person has talent and we cater roles to the unique gifts of each of our associates. The description of this role is meant to be a conceptual representation of this role. Every role at MCC has the primary focus of serving our internal and external customers.
- Establishes networking environment (on Premises and Cloud) by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Perform network assessments (on Premises and Cloud) and security audits
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Document maintenance for all computer systems and network infrastructure
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
- Maximizes network performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with the development team on network optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Preferences for Success:
In-depth knowledge of and provide technical services and support for the following areas:
- Network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Linux Centos OS and SAN Storage configuration
- Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint
- Virtualization technologies: Cloud (AWS – Route 53, GuardDuty, VPC, CloudWatch…etc.), VMware, Citrix
- Remote access: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix
- Remote monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
Virtualization Experience (preferred)
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies on AWS
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Define and deploy monitoring, metrics, and logging systems on AWS
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform
- Design, manage and maintain tools to automate operational processes