Responsible for the leadership, formation and management of the Enterprise Data Services organization including strategy design; tactical planning and implementation; and organization development and deployment for the implementation of technology, applications and services to support key enterprise informatics initiatives. These initiatives include; enterprise-wide data governance, data acquisition, data management, architecture and design, data protections, stewardship policies, process and practices to build out data and business technology assets that support the analytics and operations of our client's enterprise. Collaborates with InfoSec to implement and maintain security tools and protocols, thereby protecting critical assets.
Position Specific Responsibilities/Accountabilities:
1. Build and maintain a competent/capable team of staff in alignment with the internal Accountable Management System (AMS) guidelines.
- Lead and direct high performing teams having the rights skills, for the right work, at the right time across the breadth of their accountabilities.
- Effectively apply our client's Managerial Leadership Practices (MLPs) (i.e.: Management Accountabilities, Talent Inventory, Succession Planning, Organizational Performance Planning, Clarity Building, etc.) for assigned staff.
- Develop and implement Individual Development Plans (IDPs) for all direct reports targeting: specific performance gaps necessary to fulfill the work of the Role, any currently assigned Key Accountabilities (KAs), or any special assignments designed to enhance the effectiveness of Role, Department, Division, etc… (Completed Annually)
- Develop and maintain a set of staff and departmental performance metrics. (Past vs. Present and Predictive)
2. Accountable to develop and implement plans and programs (1-2 years in scope) to achieve strategic objectives and to deliver desired outputs/assigned KAs.
- Partner across the enterprise to blueprint and execute the multi-year data technology strategy that complements the overall technology multi-year plan.
- Create and sustain alignment of data technology solutions with the needs of the business. Proactively track a broad range of emerging technologies and assesses applicability in support of new business needs and enhanced efficiencies.
- Maintains deep business understanding to provide strategic insight and direction regarding the use of technology in support of data aggregation, information access, and analytical processing. Requires a close partnership with all other areas of BT in support of fulfilling key enterprise informatics initiatives.
- Responsible for ensuring that strategic goals are translated into effective and actionable plans. This includes maintaining SLA’s, direction, and strategy for key technologies, and development of new applications and services.
- Establish and execute an on-going prioritization process for the team that is consistent with business objectives, policies, metrics, and strategies.
3. Responsible for shaping the strategy, policy, processes, and practices related to building out enterprise information assets which will be used to drive analytics to support business initiatives and operations.
- Lead the design, integration and ownership of all end-to-end processes, policies, and practices utilized within assigned scope of control.
- Ensures policies, processes, practices, InfoSec’s security standards, and management tools are leveraged to drive optimal performance of enterprise data services.
- Monitor, maintain, and troubleshoot database management system (DBMS) issues specific to performance, security, and functionality
- Work with internal IT groups to facilitate DBMS integration with applications and infrastructure platforms
- Direct and oversee the design and implementation of a cross-functional data governance model for divisional outputs. (Approach, Processes, Practices, Policies, etc…)
- Responsible for the definition and coordination of system changes and enhancements to the systems, technology and operations that support enterprise informatics.
4. Integral member of the BTBS leadership team responsible for shaping the strategy, policy, processes, practices, and development related to continuously improving BTBS performance. Key member of the Business Unit Resource Committee (BURC) setting priorities for the BTBS project portfolio.
- Safety: Promotes and reinforces the development of a safety focused culture and mindset within area of accountability. Leads the development and integration of safety policies, procedures and practices applicable for assigned function(s).
- Hold staff accountable for the adherence to all internal/external safety related policies/practices.
- Compliance: Understands, maintains knowledge and complies with all policies, procedures, and applicable Federal and State laws and regulations. Ensure direct reports meet the above requirements and address employee performance issues in relation to compliance accountabilities. Ensure all internal controls, policies/procedures and standard practices do not conflict with applicable compliance requirements.
- Communication: Lead the effective design, delivery and reinforcement of Divisional & Corporate communications to assigned staff/team members in alignment with expectations regarding timing, audience, confidentiality, frequency, and format. Provide opportunities for individual staff members to discuss implications in a confidential 1:1 manner (As Needed)
- Continuous Improvement: Lead initiatives to research, identify, and implement opportunities to enhance the operational effectiveness of assigned function(s). Accountable to foster an environment for the assigned area, workgroup or function that ensures opportunities are identified and implemented when possible.
- Fiscal Accountability: Accountable for the design and ownership of allocated budget. Ensure topics such as the development and enhancement of: talent, technology, products and services are aligned to Business Unit’s strategic plan. Monitor and report on status of budgetary status. (Variance to Plan / Capital Expenditures / OM&A)
- Cross Functional Working Relationships (CFWR): Define, assign, and ensure adherence to all assigned/ applicable CFWR for self & assigned functions/teams. Work collaboratively with Executive and peer representatives to identify and define effective and efficient working relationships, service levels and expectations across company
- Enterprise Risk Management (ERM): Support SD-15 (Enterprise Risk Management) through intentional management of each assigned ERM Risk via timely and thorough completion of ERM documentation, implementation and oversight of mitigation strategies, and monitoring of risk environment for significant changes as defined by ERM Responsibilities and Procedures.
- Work Assignment: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, data analytics, MIS, or equivalent experience
- 12+ years progressive experience working in IT- related analytics environment including significant experience in data management inclusive of cloud infrastructure
- Minimum of 5 years of strategic leadership experience in working across technology and business, building strong and enthusiastic relationships to achieve desired outcomes; organizing and managing multiple priorities.
- A minimum of 10 years supervisory or management experience in an information technology department
- Strong knowledge and experience with implementing or owning data governance platforms, metadata management tools, data quality platforms, and master data management platforms
- Demonstrated leadership skills in the information aggregation, protection, and analytics arenas.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for building and fostering key relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to negotiate, persuade, and make effective presentations to varying audiences internal and external
- A high level of confidence, integrity, and critical thinking skills, establishing credibility and decisiveness while balancing varying business considerations/priorities
- Skilled at vendor management and consensus building.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certified
- MBA or Masters
- Extensive experience successfully leading large, complex technology projects, including strategic and tactical planning and implementation, analysis, design, package selection and deployment.
- Certified Analytics Professional (CAP)
- ETL (Extract Transform & Load) and Data warehouse experience
- Experience building an enterprise-wide data governance program and enterprise master data management program in a complex technology landscape
- Background in machine learning, data mining, and predictive analytics
- This role is considered a “non-essential” role, however, this role may be required to report to work to support the restoration of normal business operations.
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance in alignment with Departmental policy.
- Must maintain 24-hour availability for technical and professional assistance, emergency response, and directing remedial action in response to outages and requests requiring immediate attention as well as maintain availability as required for on call duty.
Office: Work will be performed in a modern office environment amid normal conditions of dust, odors, fumes, and noises.