Midwest Cloud Computing Omaha, NE
- Work with Database Architects to implement and maintain BI Reporting Database solution in PostgreSQL.
- Ensure efficiency of database code, integrity of data structures and quality of data content
- Work with product managers and scrum team members to ensure database code meets requirements, review user stories, estimate effort to build functionality support user stories, and participate in sprint planning, daily scrums and sprint retrospectives.
- Follow and maintain Moody’s database coding practices
- Collaboration with other developers/DBAs to review others code and ensure accuracy and maintainability of code.
- Verify functionality of completed work prior to moving into testing / quality assurance.
- Develop test data and test plans including documentation in project / incident tracking system to provide direction for verification of functionality.
- Follow schedule in project / incident tracking system including awareness of goal dates, pro-active communication and clear documentation of the progress of an item.
- Document time associated with each assigned task in accordance to company standards.
- Coordinate with and assist IT / Devops / Security / Support / Management / Sales as needed.
- Ability to research and respond to questions received via telephone and email as needed.
- Continued Learning in development technologies, banking / finance and all other products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science, MIS or the equivalent
- 5+ years PostgreSQL hands-on development including views, triggers, foreign keys, functions, indexes, schemas, data types particularly JSONB, user-defined objects, inheritance, users, roles, connectivity
- Knowledge and experience with PostgreSQL features, concepts, solutions, tools.
- Strong understanding of database structures, theories, principles, and practices
- Experience creating dynamic ETL scripts for data conversion and data analysis
- Experience working with Postgres data warehousing using Star / Snowflake schemas
- Ability to take direction from senior technical staff, interact with all levels of management
- Financial experience / knowledge beneficial
- Exposure to working with .NET C# development would be a plus.
- Highly analytical skills for troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Exemplary organizational and follow-up skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Customer-focused, positive attitude required
| Date Posted
August 12, 2018
| Date Closes
September 11, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
| Experience Level
Intermediate (3-7 yrs. experience)
| SOC Category
15-1133.00 Software Developers, Systems Software
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position