Midwest Cloud Computing Omaha, NE
Is it time for you to make your next career move? Are you ready to be part of a leadership team where you can be recognized for your skills? Midwest Cloud Computing has the right opportunity for you as a Project Manager / Scrum Master. Midwest Cloud Computing is experiencing amazing growth and we're looking for the best talent in Omaha.
As the Project Manager / Scrum Master, your primary responsibilities are to assist internal teams in developing goals, objectives, strategies, and other strategic, tactical, and planning activities. Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices in order to deliver on both internal and external customer requests.
- Minimum of 5-8 years of project oversight on Software Development or Custom Application initiatives in a standard SDLC environment.
- Experience playing the Scrum Master role for 1-2 teams of appropriate Scrum team size for at least one year in a Software Development or Custom Application capacity where Scrum Principles, practices and theory were utilized.
- Knowledge and/or experience using various Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Continuous Deployment, Automated Testing, etc.
- Knowledge of various patterns and techniques for fulfilling the Scrum approach related to Product Backlog grooming, Release Planning, Sprint Planning, Burn-down techniques, Retrospective formats, bug/defect handling, etc.
- Proven skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment and increasing transparency.
- Provide guidance to the team in how to be self-organizing and self-managing.
- Ensure adherence to defined Scrum best practices set by the organization.
- Obtain full understanding of impediments and provide solution(s) in order to remove them.
- Ability to build a trusting and positive team dynamic while allowing for critical feedback and open-dialogue.
- Excellent communication and mentoring skills.
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills.
- Ability to also manage projects outside the SDLC and across technologies, domains, and business functions (SBU's).
- Ability to apply the following skills:
- Interpersonal - effective verbal and written communication skills, resolves conflicts and effectively negotiates issue resolution, establishes and maintains interpersonal relationships, and displays strong facilitation skills.
- Leadership- advocates and leads change, supports team building, recognizes contributions and celebrates accomplishments.
- Professional - understands and executes corporate project management processes while adhering to the standard Scrum best practices in an effort to represent the craft in the most successful manner.
- Partnership - demonstrates customer focus (internal and external) and knowledge of product, functional and operational processes, business and technology systems and utilizes innovation and adaptability in solution definition in order to achieve the set objective(s) and goal(s) of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field of study (Business Administration/Management Information Systems)
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Certification
- Scrum Certification
If this is the job you've been looking for, please apply online. MCC would love to chat with you about your career goals. With us, it's not just about a job. Growing your career is our focus and passion.
| Date Posted
July 16, 2018
| Date Closes
August 15, 2018
| Located In
| Job Type
Full-time Employee or Contractor / Consultant
| Experience Level
Experienced (7-15 yrs. experience)
40 hours per week
| SOC Category
11-1021.00 General and Operations Managers
This job offers the following benefits
This job is related other jobs in these career categories