Manufacturing Process Engineer
Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worlds leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporations infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
As a Manufacturing Process Engineer, you will be providing expertise in engineering, designs, and problem-solving techniques. This role will be expected to keep abreast of industry advances in order to assist in the implementation of more cost effective, quality and efficiency improvements and is located at the heart of the Lindsay operation - Lindsay, Nebraska.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Demonstrates a passion for Project Management with a commitment to service, strives to exceed expectations, always works with safety in mind, ready to make an immediate impact and professionally represents the company.
- Evaluate existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas that could benefit from changes and improvements
- Apply working knowledge of product design and assembly to the manufacturing process
- Create processes and procedures to help the company meet budgetary goals as well as performance quotas
- Participate/Leads in brainstorming sessions and cross-departmental meetings to ensure collaboration and cohesion
- Promotes and guides others to lead continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability, or cost-effectiveness.
- Communicate manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, or other information to facilitate production processes
- Detail portions of projects using schematic or conceptual layouts.
- Perform and document technical design reviews with other disciplines on the project team to produce the highest level of quality.
- Interface with clients, utility companies, construction administrators, project team and vendors.
- Assume the lead engineers role on assigned projects.
- Analyzes component parts and investigates field application of parts to determine cost effectiveness.
- Responsible for new product and process design. Evaluates and recommends potential new technologies for the improvement of the facility processes.
- Develops, analyzes, prepares and executes technical projects. Compiles data relating to project assignments and presents summary conclusions to supervision.
- Develops effective working relationships with Engineering, Operating, Maintenance, Quality, Research and Technical Service to communicate the processing applications as they relate to cost, quality, production and safety standards
- Responsible for galvanizing operations effectiveness to meet all regulatory and compliance expectations for Irrigation, Road Safety, and other Infrastructure related product.
- Monitor product preparation operations for the most efficient use and effectiveness of Hcl acid and Flux processes.
- Visual inspection of galvanizing quality such as black/bare spot, flux inclusion, dross inclusion, pimples etc., lead root cause analysis if defects are identified, and implement corrective actions when needed.
- Monitors/measures Zinc consumption, acid, flux, and the proper maintenance activities required for maintaining the zinc kettle, product preparation tanks/equipment, and other support systems needed to maintain the safest and most efficient galvanizing operation possible.
- Bachelors Degree in manufacturing, industrial, or mechanical engineering required. (materials, metallurgical, or chemical science is a plus)
- 2+ years of experience in manufacturing or industrial engineering preferred.
- Experience with steel rolling, galvanizing, finishing or melt shop processes is a plus
- Experience evaluating and troubleshooting manufacturing processes and machinery.
- Experience using CAD, CAM, data analysis programs, and related software.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organization and management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- High level of technical expertise.
- Strong analytical thinker.