Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worlds leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporations infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring a Sr. Software Engineer within its overall software organization, reporting to the Manager of Software Engineering in Omaha, NE. This important role will be responsible for designing, implementing, and delivering software solutions for Lindsays various product lines, including new products and features. Additionally, this role will also be responsible for performing maintenance on existing products and solutions, as assigned each development sprint.
This is a full-time, salaried position, based in our Omaha, NE office and includes a highly competitive salary/benefits package. Travel requirements will be minimal (<15%), but there may be some travel to various office locations and conferences.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in designing, developing, testing, and delivering high quality web and mobile app solutions, including new products and features
- Acts as a subject matter expert, mentoring and leading other engineers through expertise and knowledge of the current products, technologies, and tools
- Leads new product development efforts, working closely with Team Leads and Project Managers to deliver solutions on time and within the functional specifications
- Performs routine maintenance on the existing codebase for the various Lindsay products and solutions, as assigned during each sprint
- Codes and configures software functionality according to business requirements
- Participates in code reviews, design reviews, or other forms of team quality assurance procedures
- Unit tests code and debugs thoroughly prior to hand-off
- Researches and resolves reported software problems efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner
- Clearly communicates issues and roadblocks in order to maintain sprint scope and efficiency
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent technical education or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of relevant, professional software engineering experience, including 2+ years of experience leading the on-time delivery of net-new software engineering projects/solutions
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment where constant iteration, improvement, and innovation is key to the success of the team
- Robust problem-solving skills, the ability to learn from doing, personal accountability, and a positive and professional attitude
- Ability to clearly and rapidly communicate problems and solutions in order to prevent bottlenecks and facilitate the release process
- Solid understanding, experience, and ability to mentor others on the following: Web APIs, IoT device communication and protocols, Agile Scrum, Git
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience with the following languages, technologies, and tools is preferred:
- SQL databases (i.e., PostgreSQL, cockroachDB, etc.)
- NoSQL databases (i.e., Cassandra, mongoDB, etc.)
- Event streaming tools (i.e., Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Container orchestration tools (i.e., Docker, Azure Kubernetes Service, etc.)