Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worlds leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporations infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring a dynamic Electrical Engineer, who is customer focused and is passionate about making products safer, more reliable and durable. This position will report to the Engineering Manager with direction/tasks from the manager and other senior engineers. This role will perform and assist with design and development of the Irrigation control systems, which could include drive train monitoring, control layout improvements, auto-guidance of irrigation machines, telematics that connect the machines to our Lindsay M2M system. The position is expected to learn the inner workings of the Zimmatic Irrigation machine product line and to offer methods to improve customer experience and machine performance.
This is a full-time, Omaha, NE based position. 40 hrs/week, and includes salaried employee benefits. Expected travel required: 10-25% to various test sites, locally and nationally.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Management of design changes from technical feasibility, testing and final integration into the product line.
- Competency in a PLM or PDM system to manage communication of design changes with drawings or other methods of capturing the requested product adjustments.
- Ability to clearly communicate technically to allow the development of technical documents to be properly captured by the technical writer.
- Attention to detail to check all drawings and bills of materials are accurate ensuring accuracy in production.
- Ability to manage using a project schedule and outlining each critical step in the process.
- Familiarity in Design for Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA) for optimal performance of the product in the field to recognize potential failure modes to design around.
- Help define validation test requirements for electrical control systems. Test electrical control systems to validate that they meet the requirements defined.
- Help define and implement field test plans for both product and customer validation.
- Perform Root Cause Analysis, assist with developing corrective and preventative actions to ensure continual improvement and risk mitigation.
- Work efficiently with various stake holders and teams to support the need and growth of Lindsay
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology
- 4-7 years of Electrical Engineering experience is preferred
- Familiarity/experience in:
- Telematics for M2M connectivity
- GPS positioning and auto-guidance
- Modbus or Ethernet networked controls/data system designs
- Designing monitoring systems for mechanical systems
- Design experience with UL508A control panels or similar
- Ability to understand and create panel level schematics. Ability to understand board level schematics.
- Ability to communicate technical problems and solutions to define and outline problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Proficient on MS office
- Valid driver's license and willing to travel with company supplied vehicle.
- Working understanding of proper electrical safety protocols for voltages up to 480 VAC.
- Equipment familiarity:
- Experience with visual basic, python or similar programming language for data control and acquisition.
- Working knowledge of IPC standards for soldering standards
- Equipment familiarity:
- Data acquisition systems
- Spectrum analyzer
- Communication analyzer (for network or cell services) (preferred)