Senior Application Engineer - Infrastructure
Lindsay Corporation has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Application Infrastructure Engineer (AE) for the Infrastructure Road Safety Products Team to join the global headquarters in Omaha, NE. The AE will be responsible to work independently while interfacing and collaborating with the sales team and engineering team to meet and exceed customer expectations. The AE will provide customer support, technical design analysis and assist in communication to DOTs, customers, and distributors. Understanding the technical requirements of road safety, compliance and certification is beneficial in providing high levels of customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and expertise in all aspects of Road Safety Products including crash cushions, certification processes and distributor support.
- Review technical documentation for accuracy, provide technical guidance to field crews.
- Prepare and provide transition crash cushion engineering drawings.
- Coordinate with the sales team for calls, video conferences and potential meetings with transportation customers to review and discuss customer needs, goals and custom transition barrier needs for applications.
- Oversee the technical publications and communication for products.
- Maintaining and developing technical marketing, videos and documentation using available resources.
- Communicate with the sales team to coordinate project needs and distributor requests.
- Serve as an exemplary team player and proactively work to resolve problems and continuously improve. Actively seek solutions to customer problems.
- Consistently strive to meet both external and internal customer needs. Demonstrate the Lindsay core behaviors.
- Work closely with the sales team to ensure traffic engineering output in both content and format meeting client needs.
- Develop tools to improve support including, ecommerce architecture, certification sharing, access to drawings and other distribution needs.
- Participate in industry associations and societies to better understand customer needs, rules and regulations.
- Conduct reviews and create reports for executive staff as requested
- Recommend ways to optimize and improve processes within the AE function.
- Support the sales team in securing growth opportunities, offering new ideas that better meet customer requirements and improve operational efficiencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in engineering with a minimum of 10-15 years of relevant traffic, highway civil engineering experience, especially in state departments of transportation.
- Must have a thorough understanding of highway safety requirements and technical competency to communicate these with the appropriate highway officials.
- Registered Professional Engineer preferred
- Experience in and understanding of industry associations, agencies, and organizations such as AASHTO, TRB, ATSSA, ITSA, ITE, ASCE, state departments of transportation, consultants, contractors, toll authorities, concessionaires, FHWA, partners, stakeholders, etc.
- Knowledge of or experience in a manufacturing culture helpful.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the world's leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporation's infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
What makes Lindsay unique?
- Committed to sustainable practices to save energy and use fewer resources daily
- Dedicated to innovation to achieve growth through advanced technology
- Locations across the US and internationally
- Teamwork, employee appreciation, stable career path, and growth opportunities
Lindsay Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and maintains a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.