Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worldâ??s leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporationâ??s infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring an Electrical/Mechanical Technician at their Lindsay, Nebraska facility.Â This position is responsible for repairing and installing production/manufacturing equipment. Â Â Performs maintenance and repairs on all pneumatic machines and line equipment.Â Also, inspects equipment for proper functionality and performs preventative maintenance duties per manufacturer's specifications.
- Starting Pay $28.00 - $35.00+ (based on experience level) / Shift Differential $.75
- Shift and Schedule:Â Monday-Friday. Flexibility to work overtime, weekends, and holidays is required as scheduled:
- 1st Shift â?? Start 5:00 am â?? 3:30 pm (1 open position)
- 2nd Shift â?? Start 3:30 pm â?? 2:00 am (1 open position)
- PTO â?? 15 Days 1st Year
- Weekly Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Quarterly Bonus
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Wellness Program & Tuition Assistance Program
- Health Savings Account / Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistant Program
- Analyzes and repairs electro-mechanical equipment, fixtures, and process control equipment including processors, sensors, drives, instrumentations.
- Follows proper procedures with minimum supervision in maintaining buildings, machinery, and equipment.
- Perform plant maintenance in all Electrical and Instrumentation areas of the plant.
- Diagnose, Trouble-shoot and Repair plant equipment Electrical and Instrumentation related issues.
- Repairs electrical systems, motors, forklifts, air conditioner equipment, etc. as necessary.
- Perform installation, routine maintenance and repairs on existing and new electrical, instrumentation, PLC controls and mechanical equipment components.
- Installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting electrical control circuitry to include, three-phase installations, contactors, motor starters, VFDs, relays, timers and various sensing equipment.
- Supports programmable device and systems hardware to resolve maintenance issues, improve equipment reliability, minimize equipment downtime and support improvement activities for productivity and yield enhancement.Â
- Repair, rework, and calibrate hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies and systems to meet operational specifications and tolerances.
- Adequately documents all work performed in a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Maintain knowledge of drawings, blueprints, schematics and inspection manuals.
- Knowledge of robotics systems for testing and maintaining of overall systems.
- Moves and installs machinery as required.
- Conducts diagnostic and trouble-shooting inspections of equipment and adjusts, repairs as necessary.
- May be called upon to work late evenings, early mornings, or other unscheduled hours to perform necessary emergency repairs.
- Keeps work area neat, clean, organized, and under control.
- Is responsible for quality and safety of own work and compliance of all company procedures and policies.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) with two yearsâ?? experience in manufacturing maintenance (Need general parts, electrical, welding and mechanical equipment understanding).
- Preferred but not necessary:Â Associate degree in Electromechanical Technology, Industrial Maintenance, or related field.Â Â
- Ability to follow instructions and a demonstrated attention to detail and team player is required.
- Strong electrical (3-Phase, 480V, DC and 24V controls) and mechanical skills
- Familiarity with electrics/mechanics in drive technology (motors/gears)
- Familiarity with control technology (PLC /controls/inverters)
- Computer skills and experience with CMMS Systems is a plus
- Knowledge of wiring diagrams and electrical measuring
- Ability to work in team environment
- Strong problem-solving skills and a demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data are required.
- Must be able to adhere to Lindsay policies and procedures, while maintaining a safe work environment.
- Must be willing to stand, walk, bend, stretch, climb, (push/pull/lift up to 50 lbs.) and reach to perform job functions
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment with conditions including but not limited to cold, heat, bright sun, noise, and nuisance dusts