Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worldâ??s leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporationâ??s infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring a new IT Helpdesk. As an IT Helpdesk Associate, you will work to assist in the design, architecture, and deployment of local area networks, computer hardware, and telecommunications for an expanding organization. Help us invest in technology to streamline and enhance how we collaborate and work. While gaining true hands-on experience, you will engage in real-world technology problem solving from the ground up
This is a full-time position located out of Omaha, NE. Â The intern is expected to work full time 40 hours/week and may require limited travel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in a variety of IT research, development, and operations tasks, collaborating with team members and contributing to a variety of deliverables.
- Troubleshoot/analyze computer systems to identify and eliminate performance bugs and hardware malfunction
- Assist and support the maintenance, repair or replacement of computer units or other technological components.
- Apply programming, troubleshooting, and problems solving skills.
- A good understanding of hardware and software troubleshooting
- Responsible for the security and integrity of an organizationâ??s hardware and network. Ensure the security of an organizationâ??s IT database by performing backups and updating security protocol
- Comfortable working in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Conduct system analysis to detect issues with performance
- Conduct surveys and research to identify areas that require improvement and ways to achieve desired improvement.
Applicants must be a current college student in good academic standing, enrolled in an accredited associate or Bachelor's degree program in Computer Science or Information System, or a graduate degree in Computer Science.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Enjoys problem solving and displays an eagerness to learn new technologies/skills
- Must be highly motivated, detail oriented.
- Must have basic proficiency/knowledge in one or more programming languages (e.g., Python, Scala, Java).
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).