Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worldâ??s leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporationâ??s infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is seeking a qualified Irrigation Support Manager. This role will manage and oversee a team of centralized and field-based regional service technicians who provide hardware and software support for our Zimmatic and FiledNET product lines over the phone and in person to our Zimmatic Dealers throughout the world. This leader must have working technical knowledge of mechanized (pivot and lateral) irrigation solutions, strong interpersonal skills with the ability to motivate and encourage employees, the capacity to oversee the customer experience, and a strong business skillset to include professional communication ability and work ethic to ensure the success of the department. The Service Manager will be responsible to develop, train and lead assigned service technicians to support our dealers/customers regarding questions about installation and troubleshooting for both irrigation hardware (Zimmatic) and technology (FieldNET) product lines. In addition, this position will trouble shoot complex service issues and system performance challenges, working closely with our FieldNET Service Manager, Quality, Product Development and Engineering teams to effectively and efficiently identify root causes and collaboratively drive resolutions quickly and efficiently. This position reports directly to the Director of Irrigation Product Support and Training.
This is a full-time position based at our Headquarters located in Omaha, NE.Â This position will require some day and overnight travel to support our Dealers as needed. A company service truck will be provided.Â Benefit package includes, Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Tuition reimbursement and more.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Represent the companyâ??s best interest, maintain the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Manage productivity of assigned team to ensure department runs efficiently, effectively and within budget.
- Keep accurate records, promote job worksite safety, provide excellent customer, and exhibit pride and quality workmanship.
- Communicates, enforces, and monitors effective Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Assist with the development and training of assigned staff and completes annual performance reviews for direct reports.Â Â
- Continually improve and oversee team efforts in developing and delivering training content to our Dealer service technicians.Â
- Recreate field issues, offer guidance to application and system best practices, and assist dealers in growing their businesses through technician competency.
- Use industry and irrigation product knowledge to offer insights into new product development, product validation for performance and proper instructions for dealer technicians.
- Ability to aspire to and demonstrate Lindsayâ??s Vision, Values and Behaviors daily.
- Bachelors with 5+ years relevant experience or Professional Electrician Certification (Masters or Journeyman) or combination of relevant experience and education will be considered.
- Detail oriented, possess critical thinking skills and is quality results driven.
- Well organized with strong communication skills (written and verbal), ability to multi-task and see things through to completion.
- Robust problem-solving skills, the ability to learn from doing, personal accountability, and a positive and professional attitude.
- Passion and integrity with the drive to excel and deliver exceptional results
- Must have the ability and personality to calmly deal with and de-escalate tense situations in the field and on the phone.
- Effectively communicate technical solutions, ideas, and questions.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft office suite, and common software systems
- Willingness to travel across the United States for training and troubleshooting. Open to the possibility to travel internationally.
- Must have a valid driverâ??s license and willing to travel with company supplied vehicle.
- Ability to lift 50lbs up a ladder.Â Â
Working Environment and Physical Efforts:
- Work is typically performed in an office setting.
- The incumbent is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, as well as talk and listen on the phone and in personal conversations or meetings.
- Environment is fast paced and demanding most of the time.Â
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds in working with large files, binders, and computer equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and essential duties and responsibilities of work performed by employees within this classification. It may not contain a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees to do this job.