Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worldâ??s leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporationâ??s infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring a new IT Data Science Intern. We are looking for a highly driven individual that will be responsible for assisting with data visualization, data warehouse and business intelligence reporting.
This is a full-time position located out of Omaha, NE. Â The intern is expected to work full time 40 hours/week and does not require any travel.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing, and delivering high quality data science and analytical solutions with the focus in enterprise level/business data for internal users
- Work closely with the business users to gather requirements, UI design, and report layouts assuring that all business requirements are properly defined.
- Develops stories and visualizations to effectively communicate complex analysis in a clear, precise manner within the assigned area adhere to department standards
- Handles support needs that may arise and given the nature of the application
- Conduct surveys and research to identify areas that require improvement and ways to achieve desired improvement.
Applicants must be a current college student in good academic standing, enrolled in an accredited associate or Bachelor's degree program in Computer Science or Information System, or a graduate degree in Computer Science.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Enjoys problem solving and displays an eagerness to learn new technologies/skills
- Must be highly motivated, detail oriented.
- Must have basic proficiency/knowledge in one or more are not limited to SQL, Relational Databases, Database Structure, ETL, Data Warehouse concepts etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency with the following technologies and tools is preferred, but not required:
- Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence tools/Data Visualizations
- Statistical/general-purpose programming languages (Python/R Programming)