Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worldâ??s leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporationâ??s infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring an Accounting/Internal Audit Intern during the spring/summer of 2022. The Internal Audit Intern would report directly to the Internal Audit Senior Manager. The internship responsibilities will mainly be providing support in testing of internal controls and performing substantive audit testing procedures. This opportunity will provide exposure to a wide variety of corporate finance functions such as external reporting, internal reporting, technical accounting, and risk management.
The Internal Audit Intern position is a part-time to full-time position during the summer that is located at the Omaha, Corporate Headquarters. Also, if available may have opportunity for part time during the Spring and Fall Semesters. As an Internal Audit Intern, it is important that you have a strong work ethic, high attention to detail, and a willingness to help in all areas of the business.Â It is also important that you are a team player with the ability to meet commitments, develop and maintain good working relationships, and be creative and proactive in identifying and recommending changes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reports directly to the Internal Audit Senior Manager.
- Perform testing for compliance of internal control over financial reporting pursuant to the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Collaborate with Internal Audit Senior Manager, other auditors, third party consultants and management as well as the independent auditors as the Company continues to build its internal audit department.
- Requires knowledge of COSO internal control framework.
- Assist with other accounting and finance projects as needed.
- Ability to identify risks and control deficiencies while performing duties.
- Requires creativity, flexibility, adaptability, objectivity and independence to ensure adequate internal controls are operating effectively in a dynamic control environment to avoid financial statement misstatement.Â
- Actively pursuing or recently completed a bachelorâ??s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience.
- Working knowledge or PC software applications, including an advanced ability to utilize Windows-based spreadsheet programs.
- Solid knowledge of internal controls.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the company and with various business contacts outside of the company in an articulate, professional manner.
- Must be detail oriented and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to anticipate and quickly react in a dynamic business environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- High integrity.