Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worldâ??s leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporationâ??s infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
A Team Leader is a key role within the organization tasked with driving manufacturing excellence at the shop floor level.Â Coaching, guiding and developing teammates to drive improved results in the areas of Safety, Quality, Service and Cost initiatives.
The onsite maintenance leader will monitor buildings, equipment and ground conditions of the Lindsay Campus. The Lead may supervise or provide leadership to maintenance employees in addition to other production employees. As the Lead, coaching, training and preventive maintenance documentation will be a part of the nightly job requirement. The Lead will work independently on preventative, predictive and routine maintenance tasks.Â They will troubleshoot issues, repair failures of production and facilities equipment, and ensure maximum equipment efficiency and effectiveness while assisting in monitoring production across the plant.
- Ensure compliance with safety regulations and policies to prevent injuries to workers
- Maintain company standards for quality and work within ISO processes and lean initiatives.
- Monitor and provide developmental coaching for teammates.
- Answering maintenance hotline as required
- Recognize and reward employees for achievements through use of the Employee Recognition Program.
- Interview and select candidates for team positions.
- Respond to and facilitate efforts to address quality issues, including corrective and preventative actions within their direct area of responsibility.
- Manage staffing levels to ensure plans are executed, maintain cross-training.
- Support, model, and promote Lindsay Corporation behaviors and plant culture.
- Utilize the CMMS system (Tofino) to track repair status and to analyze departmental metrics.
- Track and analyze teammates daily activities. Monitor metrics that impact team performance and address short-falls in achieving goals and targets, as it relates to team performance.
- Communicate nightly activities efficiently to 1st shift to allow for a smooth transition
- Inspects work performed by team members.
- Evaluates systems or facilities to determine maintenance or repairs that need to be performed.
- Works with the Manufacturing Services Manager (MSM) to plan work priorities, obtain necessary supplies, and assess skills needed to complete tasks.
- Assesses building systems to plan work assignments.
- Collaborates with team members to discuss upcoming work assignments; delegates assignments based on team membersâ?? skills and experience.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- Ensures maintenance and repair work is completely safely, effectively, and in a timely manner.
- Assists team members with technical issues or advanced problems with given assignments.
- Tracks and logs workersâ?? time, materials, and other resources used for inventory purposes.
- Performs preventive maintenance according to instructions and manuals in an effective and safe manner.Â Â Â
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Licensed to operate an industrial lift truck and/or other material handling devices, to assist in loading or moving material and products in the most effective and safe manner.Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
- High School graduate or equivalent (GED) and 10 yearsâ?? experience or an Associateâ??s Degree from an accredited college with 5 yearsâ?? experience in maintenance.
- 5 yearsâ?? experience in a leadership role.Â Â Â
- Ability to manage competing demands and priorities/multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently and function effectively as a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Products
- Proven experience to analyze information effectively and present results through reports, spreadsheets and presentations
- Strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines, organize, multitask and prioritize.