Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worldâ??s leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporationâ??s infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring a dynamic Validation Engineer within our Test and Validation Engineering team. The Validation Engineer will be responsible for leading validation efforts for our new or/and existing products. The Validation Engineer will have experience of new product development and work with Test, Design, Quality Engineering teams, Product Managers, and customers as appropriate to interpret and / or develop product specifications, test methods and test plans required for verifying and validating our products. The ideal candidate will enjoy hands on work in a very dynamic setting and have previous experience in Electro-mechanical, Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics product validation, reliability, and testing. This position entails is a mix of mechanical, electrical and firmware engineering so the ability to learn new methods and skills is a must. This position will report to Director of Global Product Compliance, Safety and Testing and will require the candidate to be flexible in both â?? indoor and outdoor work settings.
This is a full-time, Omaha, NE based position and covers all employee benefits. Expected travel required: 10-20% to various test and customer site, locally and nationally.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Own all aspects of product validation for mechanical, electrical and electronics products
- Lead DVP&R, DFMEA, Root Cause Analysis for new and existing products
- Develop test procedures and methods for verifying and validating our products
- Working closely with Test and Product Engineering, develop tools for conducting testing, including procedures, calibration, and verification of test equipment and instrumentation
- Interfacing with various engineering/product management resources as needed, review and interpret the design requirements to ensure proper understanding and validity of test methods and test equipment; define sample size and acceptability criterion
- Create, Review & Modify Test Reports and verify required testing inputs (Specifications, Prints, Test Requests, Test Plans, etc.)
- Perform various product validation testing, including monitoring of testing with complex or new setups
- Analyze test data relative to product specification and recommend changes, improvements, or concerns
- Assist and train the Test Lab Technicians and Specialists on new test methods and equipment
- Initiate troubleshooting efforts to confirm understanding / determination of test fixture or test part failures
- Identify and implement existing industry standards applicable for validation and reliability testing
- Identify outside validation resources for testing that cannot be performed internally
- 4-year degree in Mechanical or Electrical engineering or electromechanical engineering or Reliability Engineering/technology or equivalent
- 3+ years of Test and/or validation engineering experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Proficient on MS office
- Previous knowledge and experience of working on Industrial or machinery products is highly preferred.
- Valid driver's license and willing to travel.