The Quality Assurance Technician position tests and inspects products at various stages in the production process and compiles data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products. This position will also develop open and trusting relationships within the QA team (other QA Technicians and Quality Engineers), and with Operations Team members to leverage collaboration and innovation in our everyday operations.
- Understand, Interpret, and implement basic quality assurance tools and standards
- Develop sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- Experience with simple Gages (Tape Measure, Calipers, Micrometers, etc.) and other measurement equipment, is required
- Collect and analyze quality data
- Basic knowledgeable in GD&T, and able to understand and interpret Engineering Drawings
- Plan, conduct, and monitor testing and inspection materials and products to ensure finished product quality
- Understand quality issues and apply root cause analysis to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
- Develop, recommend, and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Support on-site audits conducted by internal and external auditors
- Ensure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements such as ISO9001:2015, AWS, and ASTM specifications.
- Experience and knowledge of Internal Process Audit is a plus
- CMM knowledge and experience preferred
- Understanding and familiarity with Metal Fabrication Processes, and Welding is a plus
- 6S/ 5S+1 knowledge is a plus
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (minimum), Associate Degree (2 Yrs.) is preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with good analytical and organizational skills
- Familiarity with basic computer operations, and MS Office
- Must be willing to work overtime, if needed.
- Ability to work safely and maintain good housekeeping (6S/ 5S+1)