Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worldâ??s leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporationâ??s infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring a Software Engineering Intern for the Summer of 2022Â within its overall software organization. This internship will assist in designing, implementing, and delivering software solutions for Lindsayâ??s various product lines, including new products and features. Additionally, this role will also be responsible for performing maintenance on existing products and solutions, as assigned each development sprint. This is a hands-on opportunity to get real work experience while learning software engineering best practices, learning from some extremely talented and experienced engineers.
This is an internship position that will be based in our Omaha, NE office. There will be no travel and the candidate should be prepared and able to work remotely.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in developing, testing, and delivering high quality web and mobile app solutions, including new products and features
- Assists in new product development efforts, delivering new solutions on time and within the functional specifications
- Performs routine maintenance on the existing codebase for the various Lindsay products and solutions, as assigned during each sprint
- Codes and configures software functionality according to functional specifications
- Unit tests code and debugs thoroughly prior to hand-off
- Researches and resolves reported software problems efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner
- Adheres to the Lindsay software organizationâ??s coding standards and guidelines, as well as the group's various processes, policies, and procedures
- Clearly communicates issues and roadblocks in order to maintain sprint scope and efficiency
- Current student who has successfully completed at least their first year of study for an undergraduate bachelorâ??s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or similar, relevant field.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment where constant iteration, improvement, and innovation is key to the success of the team
- Robust problem-solving skills, the ability to learn from doing, personal accountability, and a positive and professional attitude
- Ability to clearly and rapidly communicate problems and solutions in order to prevent bottlenecks and facilitate the release process
- Understanding of one or more of the following is preferred: Web APIs, IoT device communication and protocols, Agile Scrum, Git Flow
- Demonstrated proficiency with one or more of the following languages is preferred, but not required:
- C#/.NET Core