Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worldâ??s leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporationâ??s infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring a new Network Engineer to join our corporate IT team based out of Omaha, NE.Â This position is responsible for support, monitoring and maintenance of the company's network infrastructure. This network infrastructure is a critical to the operation of the company's applications and products. The position works closely with the company's information technology team and vendors to implement and support network systems that provide the highly reliable and scalable operation required by the company's technology solutions. In addition, administration of existing systems, the position is responsible for planning and implementation of future network systems that will accommodate the future growth of the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Planning, implementation, and ongoing support of all aspects of the network systems including the following:
- Server hardware, operating systems, and Active Directory administration.
- Firewall and other network security systems.
- Network interconnection systems including switches, routers and secure connections to external networks.
- Network file systems backup and disaster recovery.
- Identify, analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve network connectivity issues
- Work closely with security team for security implementation, maintenance, and verification testing for all network systems.
- Defines, documents, and enforces system standards.
- Monitor network systems capacity and performance (server CPU, memory, disk space utilization, bandwidth utilization, etc.).
- Collaborate with the internal IT and vendors to upgrade network system capability and capacity as needed to support growth.
- Bachelorâ??s degree in Computer Science, MIS or Engineering or equivalent and/or 5-7 years equivalent work experience with understanding of networking concepts (VLAN, core-switches, router, VPN, etc.).
- 5+ years of hands on networking experience, windows server, AD administration, firewall configuration and management experience.
- In-depth technical knowledge of network, PC, and platform operating systems, including Windows Cisco ASA,Â Meraki (Switch, Firewall, Wireless) and Switching, Cisco CUCM, UCCX, Unity
- Experience with Azure/AWS or other cloud solutions is a plus.
- Experience with Silver Peak/SD-WAN experience would be a plus
- Hands on knowledge of supporting large scale enterprise-wide network architecture
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP and network administration/protocols.
- Ability to exercise prudent judgment and offer knowledgeable advice and work both independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrate Lindsay values.
- Be responsive to supporting the business with a sense of urgency. Ability to work independently with end-users.
- Instill fundamental process disciplines that create a world class security program, with an uncompromising attitude to see tasks through to completion.
- Work cooperatively and collaboratively with all Lindsay departments to accomplish goals.