Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worldâ??s leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporationâ??s infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Senior Engineer, Mechanical Systems is responsible for various technical design assignments including system and component performance enhancements, new product features, process improvements, and research & development activities.Â The Senior Engineer, Mechanical Systems will lead system-level design layout and analysis that combines component parts and subsystems into a complete functional system. This position will also include being part of cross-functional teams assigned with developing new products and platforms to meet scope, quality, schedule, and cost commitments. Projects will be primarily concentrated on Road Zipperâ?¢ and Barrier Systemsâ?¢ product lines.
This is a full-time, exempt position located in Rio Vista, CA.Â This position may involve occasional travel to visit manufacturing facilities and customer sites.
Senior Engineer has the following responsibilities and duties:
- Independently develop complex mechanical designs and conduct informal and formal design reviews to determine objectives, methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria.
- Create or supervise the creation and release of design drawings to production facilities
- Provide technical assistance to the Lindsay Sales, Customer Service, and Production teams
- Travel to manufacturing facilities and customer sites as needed
- Execute assignments on time and on target; product specifications, cost, schedules, and budgets
- Identify and execute innovations/improvements to Lindsay products and processesÂ
- Support Lindsayâ??s values
- Communicate honestly, immediately, and concisely
- Take command of work assignments, work with little or no supervision
- Ensure that all effort complies with ISO 9000 requirements
Senior Engineer should have the following skills, education, and experience:
- Bachelorâ??s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related technical field plus 10 years min. related experience, or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- 8 years min. experience in 3D modeling and creating 2D design drawings using SolidWorks or equivalent
- Experienced with computational simulation tools (Preferred)
- Experienced with vehicle or mobile construction/ag. equipment drive and actuation systems
- Experienced with moderately complex to complex mechanical design, maintenance, related engineering principles
- Working knowledge of metal fabrication; laser cutting, shearing, punching, forming & welding
- Experienced in working in a formal drawing document control system
- Knowledgeable in creating Bills of Materials and parametric system drawing trees
- Technical expertise in the application of ASME Y14.xxx Drawing Standards (Preferred)
- Proficient in the application of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Experience in using APQP/DFSS tools (DFMEA, DFMA, DVP&R, etc.) (Preferred)
- Has a high mechanical aptitude
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products