The Quality Assurance Technician position tests and inspects products at various stages in the production process and compiles data to determine and maintain quality and reliability of products. This position will also develop open and trusting relationships within the QA team (other QA Technicians and Quality Engineers) and also with Operations Team members to leverage collaboration and innovation in our everyday operations.
- Understand, Interpret, and implement quality assurance tools and standards
- Develop sampling procedures and directions for recording and reporting quality data
- Collect and analyze quality data using statistical methods
- Proficient in GD&T and understanding of Engineering Drawings
- Demonstrated comprehension of weld symbol callouts and ability to inspect components for conformance to weld specifications
- Plan, conduct, and monitor testing and inspection materials and products to ensure finished product quality
- Investigate internal and external customer complaints and non-conformance issues
- Analyze data and apply root cause analysis to identify areas for improvement in the quality system
- Develop, recommend, and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Support on-site audits conducted by internal and external providers
- Ensure ongoing compliance with quality and industry regulatory requirements such as ISO9001:2015, AWS, and ASTM specifications.
- CMM knowledge and experience required, advance level knowledge is strongly preferred
- Understanding and familiarity with Metal Fabrication Processes, and Welding is a plus
- Gage Calibration experience is a plus
- Experience and knowledge of Minitab is a plus
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (minimum), Associate Degree (2 Yrs.) is preferred
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with good analytical and organizational skills
- Familiarity with basic computer operations, and MS Office
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed and occasionally split shift, if required.
- Ability to work safely and maintain good housekeeping
- Inventory Transaction experience and working knowledge of the Receiving Inspection function beneficial