Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the world’s leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporation’s infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring a new Maintenance Manager to join our team. This position reports to the Plant Manager and oversee installation, repair, and upkeep of machines, mechanical systems, buildings, and supporting infrastructure. Responsible for the development of equipment to aid in continuously improving manufacturing processes. Reviews, evaluates and implements engineering changes and specification requirements. A successful leader for this role is someone that thrives on safety, equipment/process improvements, and engaging in a team environment implementing innovative automation projects through the facility. This position also requires a passion for unlocking creativity, customer first innovation, and providing a foundation for savings and growth, through strategic engineering project planning and execution.
This challenging leadership role is a full-time salaried position located at the Lindsay, NE location with varying hours between 50 – 60 hours and will include after-hours maintenance support in critical down-time situations. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical, dental vision, disability, life insurance, pretax spending accounts, 401(k), tuition assistance, 10 paid holidays and a stock purchase plan.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Key member of the plant management team. Provides inspired leadership for the organization and reports directly to the Plant Manager.
- Promotes safety and accountability in everyday actions and drives operational excellence while creating a culture of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for budget preparation, planning and scheduling of all maintenance activities.
- Drives Cap-Ex with a strategic and effective equipment strategy.
- Directly supervises all maintenance and manufacturing engineer employees using team building, coaching, and teaching skills. Delegates maintenance and engineering issues to appropriate personnel for effective resolution.
- Develop and leads scheduling of preventative and predictive maintenance programs and the installation, modification and /or repair of equipment in a manner which will assure employee safety, minimize production downtime and assure product quality.
- Supervise the activities of a building support personnel to ensure they maintain a safe, clean and orderly facility including facility infrastructure maintenance and upgrades.
- Research and obtain quotes as needed for facility needs requiring outside vendor service and act as liaison between Lindsay and 3rd party facilities vendors.
- Maintain accurate record of maintenance operations and present to upper management reports of daily activities.
- Effective project management from concept to implementation, managing the manufacturing engineering team, while working cohesively with manufacturing departments.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree with 5+ years in maintenance or engineering including 3 years' experience of demonstrated successful people management and supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated extensive project management.
- Strong organization, process management, and decision-making skills, including the ability to plan, organize, and schedule the work of others.
- Experience applying LEAN principles and familiar with LEAN manufacturing tools.
- Experience in implementing a TPM program.
- Strong leadership skills to provide technical direction to outside contracts and inter-company staff and employees.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Communicate ideas effectively and in a professional manner. Listens well and seeks clarification when necessary. Ability to communicate with a diverse group of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Background in manufacturing processes and equipment is a plus
- Basic typing skills with familiarity of Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail and web tools