Sets up and operates machine to form longitudinal electric resistance welded round tubing from sheet metal strips by action of roller dies to fabricate items specified by work order or diagram.
- Able to operate saw and conveyors to support mill "back side" operations and provide assistance to operator in efficient mill production.
- Must be able to operate Mill #1, 2 and 3 and make daily production reporting.
- Bolts specified roller dies onto spindles.
- Lifts coils of metal onto feedrack using large forklifts and threads end into feed roll.
- Butt weld ends of coil together to form continuous feed.
- Turns knobs to set control which activates automatic cut off when specified length of tubing has been run.
- Routinely inspects and removes finished pieces from machine bed.
- Observes operation and verifies dimensions of finished products.
- Makes all necessary quality checks and records those checks as required.
- Verifies coolant levels in machine, oils and greases moving parts as specified.
- Performs routine and non-routine maintenance on the mill and equipment as directed by Management.
- Performs production tube end finishing.
- Assists with tubemill operation or other machines including overhead cranes.
- Uses power and hand tools such as hammers, wrenches and had grinders.
- Uses measuring devices such as scales, squares and tape measures to perform other related tasks as may be required.
- Works from process sheets, verbal and written instructions.
- Recognizes and communicates all problems and bottlenecks to the Team Leader.
- Must follow all safety rules and regulations, including the reporting of any hazards, violations, or injuries to your Team Leader no matter how minor.
- Must operate safety equipment and help provide a safe working environment by maintaining good housekeeping practices.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required by the Team Leader and to meet our customer needs.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Autonomy - Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED)
Three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
On the job training (OJT), if applicable is to be performed by a qualified operator and/or Team Leader.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Basic computer skills.
Mathematical Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent to draw
and interpret bar graph. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions..
What makes Lindsay unique?
- Committed to sustainable practices to save energy and use fewer resources daily
- Dedicated to innovation to achieve growth through advanced technology
- Locations across the US and internationally
- Teamwork, employee appreciation, stable career path, and growth opportunities
Apply TODAY at https://www.lindsay.com/usca/en/careers/
Lindsay Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action emplyer and maintains a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristics protected by law.
All qualified applicants will recieve consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Lindsay Corporation does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider uncolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitations, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Lindsay Corporation will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed vendor agreement with Lindsay Corporation. Any resume or CV submitted to any employees of Lindsay Corporation without having a vendor agreement in place will be considered property of Lindsay Corporation. Lindsay Corporation will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.