Assist workers engaged in fabrication or welding of structural or sheet metal products.
- Lifts, positions, and removes work pieces from machine to assist in fitting and welding.
- Loads, stacks, and transports stock, tools, dies and work in process by hand or truck.
- Attaches rope or grappling equipment to work pieces to prepare for moving by crane or jib.
- Cleans, scrapes, or paints metal prior to fabricating, welding, painting or shipping.
- Picks up scrap material and cleans work area, machines, tools and equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable on the proper use hand tools such as grinders, hammers, wrenches and air bander.
- Must have the ability to operate all mechanical machines such as saws, drill press, rod shear and upright grinder.
- Operate cutting machine, saws, cut, shear, slit, punch, crimp, notch, bend, or straigthen metal or plastic material.
- Start machines, monitor their operations and record operational data.
- Install, align, and lock specified punches, dies, cutting blades, or other fixtures in rams or beds of machines, using guages, templates, feelers, shims and hand tools.
- Measure completed workpieces to verify conformance to specifications, using micrometers, guages, calipers, templates, or rulers.
- Examine completed workpieces for defects, such as chipped edges or marred surfaces and sort out defected pieces.
- Must follow all safety rules and regulations, including the reporting of any hazards, violations, or injuries to your Team Leader no matter how minor.
- Must operate safety equipment and help provide a safe working environment by maintaining good housekeeping practices.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required by the Team Leader and to meet our customer needs.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Adaptability - Ability to adapt to change in the workplace.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Tactful - Ability to show consideration for and maintain good relations with others.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Mathematical Ability: Ability to add and subtract in 1/32th increments and read and understand a tape measure. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (steel toed shoes, safety glasses, gloves, earplugs)
Function in workplace environmental conditions including but not limited to cold, heat, bright sun, noise and nuisance dusts.
What makes Lindsay unique?
- Committed to sustainable practices to save energy and use fewer resources daily
- Dedicated to innovation to achieve growth through advanced technology
- Locations across the US and internationally
- Teamwork, employee appreciation, stable career path, and growth opportunities
Apply TODAY at https://www.lindsay.com/usca/en/careers/
Lindsay Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action emplyer and maintains a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristics protected by law.
All qualified applicants will recieve consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Lindsay Corporation does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider uncolicited referrals and/or resumes from vendors including and without limitations, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Lindsay Corporation will not pay a fee to a recruiter or agency that does not have a signed vendor agreement with Lindsay Corporation. Any resume or CV submitted to any employees of Lindsay Corporation without having a vendor agreement in place will be considered property of Lindsay Corporation. Lindsay Corporation will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.