*Lindsay is not currently seeking the assistance of an external agency to fill this position. Recruitment agencies, please do not contact hiring managers or HR.*
Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the world’s leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporation’s infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring a Team Lead, Software Engineering within its overall software organization. This important role will be responsible overseeing the day-to-day engineering activities and managing the Omaha and Olathe software engineering teams, while leading the design, implementation, and delivery of software solutions for Lindsay's various product lines, including new products and features. Furthermore, this role will be responsible for driving team productivity and ensuring reliability, scalability, and maintainable of the different code-bases through rigorous adherence to standards, guidelines, policies, processes, and procedures set forth for the software organization.
This is a full-time, salaried position based at either our Omaha, NE or Olathe, KS office and includes a highly competitive salary/benefits package. Travel requirements will be minimal (<25%), but there may be some travel to various office locations and conferences.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists in the design, development, implementation, testing, and delivery of high-quality web and mobile app solutions, including new products and features, working closely with the Solutions Architect
- Oversees and manages the productivity and objectives of the local software engineering teams, providing guidance and mentorship to the team members
- Enforces quality gates and key processes, policies, and procedures, as well as compliance with coding standards and guidelines through code reviews
- Ensures code and configurations produce software functionality that meets the defined functional specifications
- Leads code reviews, design reviews, or other forms of team quality assurance procedures
- Rigorously enforces the unit testing of code and testing policies prior to hand-off
- Researches and resolves reported software problems efficiently, accurately, and in a timely manner
- Clearly communicates issues and roadblocks up the chain in order to maintain sprint scope, efficiency, and productivity
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent technical education or equivalent experience.
- 9+ years of relevant, professional software engineering experience, including 4+ years of experience leading modern software engineering projects/efforts and coordinating/managing project teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment where constant iteration, improvement, and innovation is key to the success of the team
- Robust problem-solving skills, the ability to learn from doing, personal accountability, process-oriented, and a positive and professional attitude
- Demonstrated proficiency in creating technical designs and performing thorough code reviews, ensuring adherence to coding standards and guidelines
- Ability to clearly communicate design rationale and build consensus within the team
- Demonstrated full-stack mastery, including UI design skills, database management, APIs, and application design, as well as the ability to mentor others on these items
- Exceptional understanding, experience, and ability to mentor others on the following: Web APIs, IoT device communication and protocols, Agile Scrum, Git
- Experience with the following technologies and tools is preferred:
- SQL databases (i.e., PostgreSQL, cockroachDB, etc.)
- NoSQL databases (i.e., Cassandra, mongoDB, etc.)
- Event streaming tools (i.e., Apache Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc.)
- Container orchestration tools (i.e., Docker, Azure Kubernetes Service, etc.)