Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the world's leading providers of irrigation and water management, it's Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporation's infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
*At this time, we are not currently hiring. Please feel free to submit your applications for when hiring does proceed. Thank you*
Verify and keep records on outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment. Duties include assembling, addressing, stamping, and shipping merchandise or material.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weights, or measures items on outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers to pack items in and nail or band covers on wooden crates and binds containers with metal banding.
- Affixes stamps, stencils, labels or glues identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates, containers, cartons, pallets, or bundles.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, COD charges, declared value, or UPS charges and affixes postage.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Operates yard truck, hand truck, or forklift to move, convey, or hoist material for shipments from platform in the most effective and safe manner.
- Must qualify and maintain handlers equipment operator license as provided by the company.
- Must follow all safety rules and regulations, including the reporting of any hazards, violations, or injuries to your Team Leader no matter how minor.
- Must operate safety equipment and help provide a safe working environment by maintaining good housekeeping practices.
- Shipping personnel are responsible to ensure orders are picked accurately and crated with correct items.
- Reviews material requirements to determine size of container (wooden crate) for off-loading materials.
- Ensure proper packing of skids for shipment by selecting appropriate skid from the skid storage location, bringing to packing area, and reviewing the skid packing list items that are required to be placed on the skid.
- If available, staple a strip of plastic onto the bottom of the skid runners, install the cable for pulling the skid out of the container, and place the skid onto one of the steel skid trailers.
- Place the rods, angles, bundles, etc. on the skid. Recount the items placed on the skid.
- Record the weights of crates and pallet on the container load list. On the skid load sheet, mark all items placed on the skid as shipped. Write the order number on the front and both sides and take sufficient photos to verify items and fill out dunnage report.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required by the Team Leader and to meet our customer needs.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
Mathematical Ability: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Lindsay Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and maintains a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.