Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the world's leading providers of irrigation and water management, it's Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporation's infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
*At this time, we are not currently hiring. Please feel free to submit your applications for when hiring does proceed. Thank you*
Runs equipment that chemically cleans grease, scale, dirt, and other foreign matter from metal objects to prepare them for processes for galvanizing.
- Licensed to operate an industrial lift truck, cranes, and other material handling devices in the most effective and safe manner.
- Loads objects on cranes which carries them through series of chemical and rinsing baths, or places objects on racks or in containers and immerses objects in chemical and rinsing solutions.
- Must perform basic tasks, i.e. racking material to be galvanized, unracking and stacking galvanized material, sweeping kettle, skimming kettle, adding zinc, drossing kettle, cleaning and refilling tanks with chemicals as instructed.
- Must be able to identify common types of Lindsay material and have sufficient knowledge of galvanizing process and material.
- Examines cleaned objects to ensure conformance to standards.
- Must know the proper lot size for outbound materials.
- Must understand the pickling process.
- Removes shavings, dirt, and rust spots from objects and perform all clean-up on galvanizing material.
- Must follow all safety rules and regulations, including the reporting of any hazards, violations, or injuries to your Team Leader no matter how minor.
- Must operate safety equipment and help provide a safe working environment by maintaining good housekeeping practices.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required by the Team Leader and to meet our customer needs.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations..
Lindsay Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and maintains a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.