Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the world's leading providers of irrigation and water management, it's Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporation's infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
*At this time, we are not currently hiring. Please feel free to submit your applications for when hiring does proceed. Thank you*
Your Role: We are currently looking for an Electrical Assembler to join us at our Lindsay NE location. This position will assemble or modify electrical or electronic equipment, such as electrical panel, switches kits, motors, or hydraulic cylinders and test equipment e.g. telemetering systems, electric motors, center drives.
Assemble or modify electrical or electronic equipment, such as electrical panel, switches kits, motors, or hydraulic cylinders. Test equipment telemetering systems, electric motors, and batteries.
- Inspect and test wiring installations, assemblies, and circuits for resistance factors and for operation; and record results.
- Assemble electrical or electronic systems and support structures; and install components, units, subassemblies, wiring, and assembly casings, using rivets, bolts, soldering and micro-welding equipment.
- Troubleshoot - Adjust, repair, or replace electrical or electronic component parts to correct defects and to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Clean parts, using cleaning solutions, air hoses, and cloths.
- Read and interpret schematic drawings, diagrams, blueprints, specifications, work orders, and reports in order to determine materials requirements and assembly instructions.
- Mark and tag components so that stock inventory can be tracked and identified.
- Position, align, and adjust workpieces and electrical parts to facilitate wiring and assembly.
- Pack finished assemblies for shipment and transport them to storage areas, using hoists or handtrucks.
- Confer with supervisors or engineers to plan and review work activities, and to resolve production problems.
- Explain assembly procedures or techniques to other workers.
- Measure and adjust voltages to specified values to determine operational accuracy of instruments.
- Drill and tap holes in specified equipment locations to mount control units, and to provide openings for elements, wiring, and instruments.
- Complete, review, and maintain production, time, and component waste reports.
- Distribute materials, supplies, and subassemblies to work areas.
- Must follow all safety rules and regulations, including the reporting of any hazards, violations, or injuries to your Team Leader no matter how minor.
- Must operate equipment and help provide a safe working environment by maintaining good housekeeping practices.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required by the Team Leader and to meet our customer needs.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Initiative - Ability to make decisions or take actions to solve a problem or reach a goal.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Technical Aptitude - Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
What we have to offer: Lindsay has a very competitive compensation plan, including a strong bonus programs and advancement opportunities. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, pretax spending accounts, 401(k), tuition assistance, a stock purchase plan, 9 paid holidays, and a Paid Time Off plan where you could accrue up to 15 days within the first year.
What makes Lindsay unique?
- Committed to sustainable practices to save energy and use fewer resources daily
- Dedicated to innovation to achieve growth through advanced technology
- Locations across the US and internationally
- Teamwork, employee appreciation, stable career path, and growth opportunities
Lindsay Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and maintains a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.