Lindsay Corporation has an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Health & Safety Manager to join the manufacturing plant in Omaha, NE or Lindsay, NE. If located in Omaha, this posiiton will require significant travel to our Lindsay, NE location. The Health and Safety Manager, will collaboratively design and build a comprehensive environmental and safety system for the Lindsay facility. as well as ensure the safety system elements include, but not limited to, goal setting and attainment, policy, compliance, prevention, continuous improvement, auditing, KPI's, accident investigation, training, standards, documentation, and reporting.
Upon demonstrating strong leadership and successful attainment of a robust environmental and safety system, in Lindsay, NE, that is driving results, with a strong proactive results-oriented EHS culture, the successful EHS Manager-Lindsay will be strongly considered for the Global Director-EHS for the Lindsay Corporation.
- Ensure all compliance and regulatory requirements are met.
- Is a member of and works collaboratively with the leadership team in Lindsay, NE
- Evaluate practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law.
- Observe and evaluate procedures equipment/tools and machinery to uncover potentially high risk conditions.
- Develop and implement (leading indicators) a comprehensive, and aggressive, tracking program to ensure the effectiveness of each EHS system element
- Develop an accident investigation process to quickly mitigate and contain risk, capture facts, and drive an aggressive and through root cause analysis of contributing factors. Then develop proactive policies and procedures to mitigate risk across the enterprise.
- Effectively utilize, directs and manages outside/3rd party resources as needed.
- Elevate the EHS acumen across the Lindsay leadership team and cascades this knowledge throughout the entire organization.
- Maintain a fair but firm posture on all EHS matters. Constantly engaging all team members and seeking creative solutions to existing and perceived risks via a continuous improvement mindset.
- Up to 90% travel if located in Omaha, NE location.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in safety and environmental management systems within a manufacturing facility employing 300 500 associates working in a capital intensive metal fabrication facility.
- Comprehensive understanding of EPA and OSHA requirements and ensure full site compliance. Is familiar with super-fund site management.
- Has a history of working with governmental authorities (OSHA and EPS). Provides appropriate responses, understands nuance, establishes calibrated expectations and urgency behind a variety of environment and safety compliance issues.
- Strong communications and organizational skills, process and project management skills, including the ability to plan, organize, schedule and follow-up with the work of others.
- Strong leadership skills to provide technical direction to outside contractors and intercompany staff/employees.
- Ability to conceive, implement and administrate effective policies, procedures and reporting.
- Familiar with Safety Management systems including, but not limited to safety policy, risk management, safety assurance, metrics and safety promotion.
- A leadership style that is emotionally intelligent, passionate, collaborative, proactive and firm. A visionary that inspires, ensures confidence and earns respect.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Products.
Lindsay Corporation manufactures and markets irrigation equipment, primarily used in the agricultural markets which increase or stabilize crop production while conserving water, energy, and labor. Lindsay also manufactures and markets infrastructure and road safety products. These are designed specifically to make roadways safer during expansions and renovations. With over 60 years of experience and a strive for excellence, Lindsay has become a major international agribusiness and highway infrastructure firm with revenues grossing over $500 million.
What makes Lindsay unique?
- Committed to sustainable practices to save energy and use fewer resources daily
- Dedicated to innovation to achieve growth through advanced technology
- Locations across the US and internationally
- Teamwork, employee appreciation, stable career path, and growth opportunities
Lindsay Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and maintains a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.