Lindsay Corporation has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Product Manager-IIOT to join our Elecsys subsidiary. This position can be located either at the global headquarters in Omaha, NE or at our facility in Olathe, KS. This position will be part of the global product management team and report to the Director, Global Product Management. This critical role will have responsibility for our growing IIOT and industrial automation business. The Senior Product Manager will have a broad range of responsibilities and an opportunity to drive the success of the business.
- Lead product managers and coordinate cross-functional teams
- Gather and analyze Voice of the Customer information for determining new products or features that should be added to our product offering
- Manage internal processes for creating and maintaining product and part level information in the company’s ERP system
- Work with sales and marketing to establish and maintain pricing to achieve company goals. Input pricing to company systems and publish to our channel partners.
- Work with sales marketing in developing sales collateral (data sheets, application sheets, advertising, product release announcements, etc.).
- Work with engineering in developing customer facing manuals and installation guides.
- Coordinate with Sales and Marketing industry events (tradeshows, conferences, etc) for product exposure
- Understand and clearly communicate your product’s technical and commercial details to the industry, stakeholders and channel partners
- Guide and inspire product development team that is responsible for building new products and maintaining current products through their Product Life Cycle (PLM)
- Coordinate with Sales and Engineering for product field testing prior to release for sale
- Help develop long term strategy and vision for how the business will achieve and maintain competitive advantage
- Develop and maintain 3-5 year product roadmaps for assigned product lines
- Develop and communicate business cases for future development projects
- Responsible for new product launches
- Collaborate with other stakeholders such as marketing, sales and channel partners on the creation of positioning and collateral to support market penetration and sales growth
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, marketing or business administration, Master’s Degree preferred
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills. Ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases
- Ability to work successfully with diverse groups of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Agile framework
- Ability to influence others without direct span of control
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to establish prioritization
- Solid technical background in telemetry, remote monitoring, M2M communication, software platforms and industrial automation
- Experience leading the development of innovative new solutions and products, including identification of customer needs, market opportunity sizing, competitive assessments, business case creation and translating customer and business needs into technical product specifications
- Strong ability to navigate the “fuzzy front end” of new and emerging technologies and markets
- Experience in voice of the customer techniques
- 2+ years of industrial automation industry experience
- 5+ years of product management experience
- Travel requirements are 25-30% and may include some international travel.
Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the world’s leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporation’s infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
What makes Lindsay unique?
- Committed to sustainable practices to save energy and use fewer resources daily
- Dedicated to innovation to achieve growth through advanced technology
- Locations across the US and internationally
- Teamwork, employee appreciation, stable career path, and growth opportunities
Lindsay Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and maintains a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.