Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the worldâ??s leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporationâ??s infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
Lindsay Corporation is hiring a new Vice President of Global Engineering. This role will lead a cross-functional engineering team responsible for all mechanical, electrical and compliance activities across our infrastructure and irrigation businesses. This position is a full-time salaried position that will be based in Omaha, Nebraska. It reports jointly to our segment Presidents responsible for the Infrastructure and Irrigation businesses. Direct reports are located in Nebraska and California. Light travel (<15%) to company and customer sites or events is expected.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage, support, and build trust with the cross-functional engineering group (structural, electrical, compliance) generating high levels of performance.
- Collaborate effectively with peer groups in Product Management and Operations to fulfill corporate goals for customer retention, profitability and new product growth.
- Participate in the Phase Gate Process for new product development focused on customer-first innovation
- Lead a team through a balance of management and mentorship.
- Track and manage engineering budgets, including internal and external programs.
- Prioritize and direct engineering schedules and resource allocation with input from business leaders.
- Ensure establishment and enforcement of engineering standards and documentation across all global business units.
- Drive research & development activities that contribute to growth in our innovation and new product development pipelines.
- Consistently unlock creativity and identify new technologies or ways of doing work that improve the efficiency and productivity of our engineering teams.
- Ensure global testing, validation and compliance standards align with customer expectations and/or market regulations.
- Drive the use of quality tools within the engineering process to ensure long term customer satisfaction and minimal warranty cost attributed form/fit/function with all Lindsay products
- Engineering Degree from an Accredited University, advanced degree preferred.
- 15+ years of engineering experience in capital goods or a related industry, including at least 5 years in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated success in leading a flexible team that comprises of direct reports and contractors which are able to increase and decrease with demand for resources
- Ability to develop, lead and hold accountable an engineering team that becomes a competitive advantage
- General knowledge of structural, mechanical and/or electrical design principles.
- Ability to lead successfully in a matrixed environment.
- Demonstrated history of advancement into roles of higher accountability.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, think strategically, plan, organize, innovate, and analyze complex data and situations.
- Commitment for continued education through industry involvement or personal development.
Lindsay Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and maintains a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.