Lindsay Corporation is hiring a Business Analyst within its overall software organization, in the Omaha, NE global headquarters office. This important role will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day project management tasks and analysis as it relates to Lindsay's various customer-facing software products. Furthermore, this role will be responsible for managing the entire software development life cycle, ensuring customer and stakeholder satisfaction while effectively managing project teams, delegating work, holding team members accountable, and proactively overcoming obstacles along the way.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Execute project planning, daily stand-up meetings, sprint reviews and release planning, demos, retrospectives and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Executes discovery sessions with stakeholders to gather requirements and business objectives for various projects.
- Derive a detailed understanding of the stated business problem and objectives and create user stories that reflect the success criteria and work with the Product Owner and delivery team towards achieving the objectives.
- Assign tasks and hold team members accountable so that they have clearly defined goals.
- Own and manage the project schedule through the implementation of agile methodologies, focusing on meeting project deliverables and goals.
- Communicate timelines, prepare project reports, and proactively manage issues to ensure adherence to project roadmaps and plans.
- Manage projects and coordinate for deliverables with cross functional teams of various disciplines including Product Management, Solutions Design, Software Engineering, Data Science, QA/QC, and DevOps
- Identify project issues and roadblocks that impede project progress, and work with appropriate stakeholders across the organization to effectively resolve issues and ensure project delivery success.
- Support the Product Owner to improve their effectiveness by providing assistance in finding ways to maintain the Product Backlog and release plan.
- Assist the delivery team to understand business needs.
- Manage customer and stakeholder expectations, communicate project goals, status, and deliverables to the team and management.
- Develop and leverage appropriate technical, functional, and business knowledge and documentation to support the successful development of the end product
- Maintaining and adhering to controls and guidelines as it relates to software accounting, including managing and auditing internal labor hours and tasks to ensure compliance with guidelines and policies
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering or IT or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in business analysis, software development/engineering, or project management.
- Agile Methodology project execution experience utilizing sound Scrum theory, rules, and practices.
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Experience utilizing SQL to query databases in order to perform data and business analysis.
- Significant experience using JIRA and Confluence.
- Demonstrated experience playing the Scrum Master role for medium to large development projects.
- Proven ability to effectively and completely gather and derive product/system requirements.
- Critical attention to detail and solid problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization, planning, analytical, and problem-solving skills in order to enable a project team to effectively manage competing demands.
- Experience of managing project teams, delegating work, holding team members accountable and proactively overcoming obstacles while adhering to cost controls and project budgets.
- Ability to multi task and adapt to the changing needs of the business while continuing to meet project deadlines and goals.
- Excellent written and verbal and communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with and present to project stakeholders.
Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the world's leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporation's infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
What makes Lindsay unique?
- Committed to sustainable practices to save energy and use fewer resources daily
- Dedicated to innovation to achieve growth through advanced technology
- Locations across the US and internationally
- Teamwork, employee appreciation, stable career path, and growth opportunities
Lindsay Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and maintains a drug free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.