The Database Developer plays a key part in developing industry-leading solutions. In this role you will be responsible for designing and developing optimal database solutions that cater to a variety of application and business requirements. This position will provide the opportunity to work on a wide variety of projects, where you can apply your existing knowledge to solve new market problems. You will use the latest technologies to design, develop, and maintain large-scale database projects. This is a position in a highly collaborative environment working with other skilled professionals to continuously improve database architecture and execution. Salary based on experience.
- Design and document logical and physical database models to cater to a variety of business requirements.
- Participate in solution design to satisfy a wide range of business needs.
- Adhere to best practices and standards in the areas of performance, security, and availability of databases.
- Create, maintain, and execute SQL Server jobs.
- Critical thinking to design solutions with extensibility and scalability to accommodate future needs.
- Provide post-implementation support, including, but not limited to, monitoring application performance and debugging existing code.
- Keep up with advancements and changes in technology and develop an understanding of how new technologies can be leveraged to provide business solutions.
- Projects may include development of new products and new features or maintenance of existing software using agile practices as part of a collaborative and open environment.
- Assume other duties as assigned.
- 2 to 5 years of experience in design, development, and maintenance of database projects.
- Expert knowledge of SQL Server environments for designing and developing databases.
- Knowledge of Microsoft .NET Framework (C#, VB, .NET Core).
- Experience in database maintenance and release operations.
- Experience in cloud environments, preferably Azure.
- SQL Server (Scripting, Indices, Views, Stored Procedures).
- Ability to perform effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and business functions.
- Strong analytical skills to determine effective approaches to business solutions.
- Understanding of database best practices and the ability to promote those best practices in the organization.
- Experience working in an Agile or iterative approach to delivery preferred.
- Windows/Web Services
Sandhills Global, Inc.