The Benefits & Compensation Specialist position is responsible for maintaining the day-to-day administration, coordination and analysis of a broad range of employee benefit and compensation plans and programs as part of the Human Resource team. Among the duties of the payroll and benefits administrator are ensuring the smooth operation of employee payment and explaining and implementing employees' benefits packages. Programs include health, dental, vision, COBRA, FSA, 401(k), disability, and leaves of absence. The Benefits & Compensation Specialist will provide excellent customer service in assisting team members with benefit questions and ensures professional, timely and accurate oversight of company benefit plans. Ability to handle and maintain confidential information is a must. High attention to detail required. Assume other duties as assigned.
• Ensures timely enrollment of employees into the company’s group benefit plans
• Creates communication materials to update staff and management on plan changes and amendments
• Serves as a consulting resource for both employees and management on benefit options, enrollment process, and any changes that are needed
• Maintain employee confidence by keeping benefit/payroll information confidential
• Work closely with benefit team, brokers and providers to ensure benefit compliance
• Researches, reviews, and implements changes to benefits plans and programs, conducts analysis of benefit plan participation and usage
• Identifies legal requirements and ensure policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance.
• Process payroll, including updating employee numbers, hours, etc.
• Administer Worker's Compensation policy including giving authorization, reporting to Insurance company, and coordinating the return to work
• Process HRIS transactions such as: transfers, promotions, position data updates
• Identifies and implements process improvement opportunities whenever possible
|Date Posted||October 14, 2019|
|Date Closes||December 20, 2019|
|Located In||Lincoln, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|SOC Category||13-1079.00 Human Resources, Training, and Labor Relations Specialists, All Other|
This job is related other jobs in these career categories