Vehicle Technology Installer | Professional Work Environment | Cutting Edge Products and Services
Radio Engineering Industries, Inc. (REI) is a leading manufacturer of infotainment, video surveillance and fleet management solutions for public transit, rail, school transportation and commercial transportation. REI is a growing 82-year-old family-owned company that is looking to add to our Field Services team.
Position Summary: As our new Vehicle Technology Installer, you will install, configure, and wire electronic equipment and systems at customer sites.
As a Vehicle Technology Installer, you must be:
- Focused – able to analyze issues and determine a course of action to rectify
- Steady – able to complete a set of procedures before moving on to a new one
- Task-oriented - have high standards of quality and accuracy to get the job done
- Reliable – you understand that consistency is important to provide the best service
- Analytical - you understand that information gathering and analyzing is crucial to decision-making
- Detailed – you understand how important the smallest detail is to success
- Diligent – you are attentive and persistent in doing anything
As a Vehicle Technology Installer, you will:
- Install various types of vehicle technology for REI customers.
- Disassemble and Reassemble various types of vehicles (Class 1 thru Class 8)
- Maintain high quality installations through proper cable management
- Troubleshoot and repair systems on an ongoing basis.
- Meet or exceed daily installation quotas
As a Vehicle Technology Installer, you must have:
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record, which will be checked. Criminal background will also be checked.
- Full understanding of 12 Volt Electronics and Vehicle Integration as well as vehicle electrical wiring systems. Commercial vehicle experience is preferred.
- Experience in the use of relays, diodes, switches, and their applications, and the use of a digital multimeter.
- Good solder skills.
- Communication skills and the ability to follow instructions effectively.
- Effective time management skills for installation reporting as well as meeting deadlines.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Previous installation experience of GPS, DVR camera systems, etc. is preferred.
- Experience with PC Laptops and Windows OS
- Ability to travel regularly including overnight and extended stays.
As a Vehicle Technology Installer, you must be able to:
- Stand, walk, and squat more than 50% of the work shift.
- Lift, move, and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Read, count, and write to accurately complete all documentation and reports.
- See, hear, and speak in order to communicate with employees and other customers.
What’s in it for you?
- Stable, growing company that has been in business for 80 years
- Flexible, 40-Hour Work Week
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Account
- Subsidized Health Insurance Plan
- Dental and Vision Plans
- FREE Life and Long-term Disability Insurance
- FREE Long-Term Disability Insurance