IT Support Specialist | Stable Company | Quality Products and Services
Radio Engineering Industries, Inc. (REI) is a leading manufacturer of infotainment, video surveillance and fleet management solutions for public transit, rail, school transportation and commercial transportation. REI is a growing, 80-year-old family-owned company that is looking to add to our employee base.
Position Summary: As our new IT Support Specialist, you will apply your technical and communications expertise to provide second tier technical support to external customers.
As an IT Support Specialist, you must be:
- An expert in your field
- Focused – able to analyze issues and determine a course of action to rectify
- Detailed – you understand how important the smallest detail is to success
- Task-oriented - have high standards of quality and accuracy to get the job done
- Reliable – you understand that consistency is important to provide the best service
- Independent – Able to work on your own
- Effective communicator – you understand how to communicate based on need, in a variety of ways
As an IT Support Specialist, you will:
- Answer IT support phone calls, assist caller with ticket submission or enter the ticket on behalf of the caller.
- Route tickets to the appropriate department/technician.
- Monitor tickets and escalation to ensure SLAs are adhered to.
- Level two help desk assistance to external customers with PC or IT related issues.
- Maintain help desk reports for IT and key customer management.
- Documentation of IT processes and procedures, as directed by the IT Manager.
As an IT Support Specialist, you must have:
- A minimum of one-year IT help desk experience or two years of IT academic experience in conjunction with a customer service role of one year.
- Working knowledge of Android, Apple, and Windows tablets and smartphone technology.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office desktop software applications (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and a working knowledge of SQL.
- High school diploma or GED required. Secondary education preferred.
- Ability to work independently and follow tasks through to completion.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Stable, growing company that has been in business for 80 years
- Flexible, 40-Hour Work Week
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Account
- Subsidized Health Insurance Plan
- Dental and Vision Plans
- FREE Life and Long-term Disability Insurance
- FREE Long-Term Disability Insurance