Installation Technician | Professional Work Environment | Cutting Edge Products and Services
Radio Engineering Industries, Inc. (REI) is a leading manufacturer of infotainment, video surveillance and fleet management solutions for public transit, rail, school transportation and commercial transportation. Radio Engineering Industries, Inc. (REI) is a leading manufacturer of infotainment, video surveillance and fleet management solutions for public transit, rail, school transportation and commercial transportation. REI is a growing 80-year-old family-owned company that is looking to add to our installation team.
Position Summary: As our new Installation Technician, you will install, configure, and wire electronic equipment and systems at customer sites.
As an Installation Technician, you must be:
- Focused – able to analyze issues and determine a course of action to rectify
- Steady – able to complete a set of procedures before moving on to a new one
- Task-oriented - have high standards of quality and accuracy to get the job done
- Reliable – you understand that consistency is important to provide the best service
- Analytical - you understand that information gathering and analyzing is crucial to decision-making
- Detailed – you understand how important the smallest detail is to success
- Diligent – you are attentive and persistent in doing anything
As an Installation Technician, you will:
- Perform physical installation of various mobile audio/visual, surveillance, and communications equipment
- Provide organized, detailed written site status reports
- Complete documentation for installed systems
As an Installation Technician, you must have:
- High school diploma or GED required. Secondary education preferred.
- Requires a minimum of one year 12-volt electronic, automotive, mechanical and/or technical work experience or related schooling, to include a basic understanding of installation services and basic troubleshooting skills.
- Prefer MECP (Mobile Electronic Certified Professional) designation.
- Requires the ability to work independently, without direct supervision, or as part of a team in a lead capacity.
- Requires a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving.
- Detail oriented with good problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong customer support, verbal, and written communication skills
- PC skills and be proficient with standard test equipment including digital multi-meters
- Ability to read and follow system diagrams
- Previous experience with equipment installations in a mobile environment is strongly desired
- Good solder skills
- Requires the ability to travel regularly, including overnight or multi-night travel within an assigned or designated area
- Requires the ability to work varied hours, including weekends and overtime to meet customer asset availability
What’s in it for you?
- Stable, growing company that has been in business for 80 years
- Flexible, 40-Hour Work Week
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Account
- Subsidized Health Insurance Plan
- Dental and Vision Plans
- FREE Life and Long-term Disability Insurance
- FREE Long-Term Disability Insurance