Systems Engineer | High Tech Products | Established, Growing Company
Radio Engineering Industries, Inc. (REI) is a leading manufacturer of infotainment, video surveillance and fleet management solutions for public transit, rail, school transportation and commercial transportation. We are looking for a diligent, experienced Systems Engineer to establish and maintain network environments.
As our new Systems Engineer, you will be responsible for establishing network environments by designing, installing, and securing the system.
As a Systems Engineer, you must be or have:
- Focused - you understand how to work within established guidelines and procedures
- Disciplined – you know the rules and live by them
- Analytical - you understand that information gathering and analyzing is crucial to decision-making
- A Sense of urgency – you know what it takes to get projects done on time and how to motivate others.
- Thorough – you leave no stone unturned to find the answers
- An expert in your field
- Skilled in critical thinking, analysis and problem solving
As a Systems Engineer, you will:
- Establish, monitor, and maintain a hybrid datacenter with both physical and virtual servers on premises as well as virtual servers running in the cloud, employing seamless integration of the technology.
- Develop, establish and maintain secure network connections internally, externally, and between sites.
- Design, engineer, and integrate solutions using both closed source as well as open source software and hardware, with a focus on interoperability between systems.
- Provide for efficient network systems operation including monitoring of throughput, CPU and network capacity, peripheral operation, and application performance.
- Responsible for physical and virtual server supporting infrastructure design and engineering.
- Establish, monitor, and maintain mobile device environment and infrastructure.
- Plans and manages networks systems and equipment operational tasks and activities.
- Setup, administration, and maintenance of a VOIP phone system and related communication technologies.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures to enable for efficient management and predictive system analysis.
- Develop, operate, and maintain backups of corporate data utilizing a comprehensive backup and replication strategy.
- Develop, implement and maintain security measures for corporate hardware, software, and data.
- SME for departmental and company-wide projects, ensuring projects are properly documented, finished within established timeframes, and completed with the highest level of quality.
- Provide guidance, direction and recommendations to maintain and standardize technologies and techniques.
- Monitor emerging technology developments and identify methods and areas for improvements, making recommendations for new technologies or equipment to enhance corporate systems.
- Participate in regularly scheduled, after hours maintenance cycles.
- Participate in a rotating, after-hours on call schedule
- Provide tier 3 support through email, phone and other support technologies, following established support guidelines, timeframes, and escalation rules.
- Create flowcharts, diagrams, manuals, and other documentation
- Manage root-cause analysis of all incidents, including problem recognition, research, isolation, escalation, resolution, documentation, and follow-up.
- Ensure completed assignments and projects meet deadlines as well as departmental and corporate standards.
- Participate in and contribute to a dynamic, fast paced team in a highly technical environment.
- Exhibits compliant and ethical behavior in the performance of job responsibilities, including complying with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, REI’s Code of Ethics, Standards of Conduct and any applicable policies and procedures.
As a Systems Engineer, you must have:
- 3-5 years’ experience in a corporate IT/datacenter environment, supporting both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred; equivalent technical work experience may be considered.
- Requires the ability and willingness to gain a complete understanding of company-wide operations, systems, and procedures.
- Expert knowledge of Android, Apple, and Windows tablets and smartphone technology.
- Expert knowledge of workstation and server operating systems.
- In depth experience working with multiple types of virtualization technologies.
- Highly experienced with cloud services. Azure experience preferred.
- Experience administering Office 365, Active Directory, Group Policy and related systems.
- Knowledge of hardware and software installation, testing and operation.
- Strong understanding of subnetting, routing, IPv4/IPv6, NAT, OSPF/BGP, TCP/IP, 802.11 standards, and the OSI model.
- Experience with network sniffing, packet capture, and packet analysis.
- Working knowledge of scripting with Perl, Bash, VBscript, and PowerShell.
- Linux experience preferred.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
- Ability to set goals and meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Stable, growing company that has been in business for 80+ years
- Flexible, 40-Hour Work Week
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Account
- Subsidized Health Insurance Plan
- Dental and Vision Plans
- FREE Life Insurance
- FREE Long-Term Disability Insurance