IT Support Technician | Professional Work Environment | Quality Products and Services
Radio Engineering Industries, Inc. (REI) is a leading manufacturer of infotainment, video surveillance and fleet management solutions for public transit, rail, school transportation and commercial transportation. REI is a growing, 80-year-old family-owned company that is looking to add to our employee base.
Position Summary: As our new IT Support Technician, you will apply your technical and communications expertise to provide second tier technical support to external customers.
As an IT Support Technician, you must be:
- An expert in your field
- Focused – able to analyze issues and determine a course of action to rectify
- Detailed – you understand how important the smallest detail is to success
- Task-oriented - have high standards of quality and accuracy to get the job done
- Reliable – you understand that consistency is important to provide the best service
- Independent – Able to work on your own
- Analytical - you understand that information gathering and analyzing is crucial to decision-making
As an IT Support Technician, you will:
- Provide tier 1 support through email, phone and other support technologies, following established support guidelines, timeframes, and escalation rules.
- Provide tier 1 desk-side support, including hardware deployment, replacement, and recovery.
- Responsible for workstation setup, support and maintenance.
- Maintenance and support of company owned and approved mobile devices.
- Maintain security measures for corporate hardware, software, and data.
- Create flowcharts, diagrams, manuals, and other documentation.
- Participate in root-cause analysis of all incidents, including problem recognition, research, isolation, escalation, resolution, documentation, and follow-up.
- Ensures completed assignments and projects meet deadlines as well as departmental and corporate standards.
- Participate in and contribute to a dynamic, fast paced team in a highly technical environment
- Exhibits compliant and ethical behavior in the performance of job responsibilities, including complying with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, PTI’s Code of Ethics, Standards of Conduct and any applicable policies and procedures.
As an IT Support Technician, you must have:
- A minimum of one-year customer support/help desk experience.
- Prefer customer service experience.
- Working knowledge of Android, Apple, and Windows tablets and smartphone technology.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office desktop software applications (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- High school diploma or GED required. Secondary education preferred.
- Ability to work independently and follow tasks through to completion.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to be on-call as needed
What’s in it for you?
- Stable, growing company that has been in business for 80 years
- Flexible, 40-Hour Work Week
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Account
- Subsidized Health Insurance Plan
- Dental and Vision Plans
- FREE Life and Long-term Disability Insurance
- FREE Long-Term Disability Insurance