Staff Accountant | High-Tech Business | Stable Company
Radio Engineering Industries, Inc. (REI) is a leading manufacturer of infotainment, video surveillance and fleet management solutions for public transit, rail, school transportation and commercial transportation. We are looking for an analytical Staff Accountant to join our team.
As our new Staff Accountant, you will be responsible for analyzing financial information, preparing financial reports, preparing and filing state sales tax returns, and maintaining customer tax exemption records.
As a Staff Accountant, you must be:
- Analytical - you understand that information gathering and analyzing is crucial to decision-making
- Consistent – following defined methods and procedures
- Process-driven – you can create new and modify existing processes to ensure efficiency and quality products
- Deadline-driven - you understand what it takes to get the work done keeping in mind deadlines and time-restrictions
- Detailed – you understand how important the smallest detail is to success
- Skilled in critical thinking, analysis and problem solving
- Thorough – you leave no stone unturned to find the answers
As a Staff Accountant, you will:
- Prepare and file state sales tax returns.
- Maintain customer tax exemption records.
- Maintain third-party sales tax reporting tool.
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts.
- Analyze financial information and produce reports as needed.
- Backup accounts payable function.
- Assist with month-end close and annual audit.
As a Staff Accountant, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, preferably accounting or finance, or equivalent number of years’ experience required.
- Minimum of one to two years of relevant experience required.
- In-depth understanding of GAAP
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Office applications and ERP systems.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- High attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with efficiency.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team atmosphere.
What’s in it for you?
- Stable, growing company that has been in business for 80 years
- Flexible, 40-Hour Work Week
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Account
- Subsidized Health Insurance Plan
- Dental and Vision Plans
- FREE Life Insurance
- FREE Long-Term Disability Insurance