Business Analyst | Growing Company | Corporate Career
Radio Engineering Industries, Inc. (REI) is a leading manufacturer of infotainment, video surveillance and fleet management solutions for public transit, rail, school transportation and commercial transportation. We are looking for a conscientious problem-solver to join our Business Systems team.
As our new Business Analyst, you will be responsible for implementing process improvements to launch or improve business processes.
As a Business Analyst, you must be:
- Skilled at multi-tasking – able to work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining high standards
- Consistent – following defined methods and procedures
- Process-driven – you can create new and modify existing processes to ensure efficiency and quality products
- Deadline-driven - you understand what it takes to get the work done keeping in mind deadlines and time-restrictions
- Self-Motivated – you are your harshest critic and biggest supporter
- Goal-oriented – you understand how your work fits in the big picture and follow through to make your goals a reality
- Quality-driven – producing correct and attractive copy is very important to you
- An expert in your field
- Skilled in critical thinking, analysis and problem solving
As a Business Analyst, you will:
- Lead business process discovery and produce system and process maps to support the project.
- Understand and evaluate business processes, including defining, developing and documenting business use cases and requirements.
- Perform gap analysis for current system and business processes.
- Recommend and create business process improvements that satisfy corporate goals and business needs. Develop project plans and monitor progress on deliverables to ensure adherence to deadlines.
- Partner with developer, when applicable, to write technical development requirements.
- Develop and lead testing plan and training for applications and new business processes.
- Perform root cause analysis of business system issues.
- Communicate issues, solutions and plans to cross-functional teams, stakeholders, developers and team members.
- Be the subject matter expert for developed applications and business processes.
As a Business Analyst, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent number of years’ experience required.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in business analysis or a related field.
- Excellent documentation, analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Superior communication skills.
- Strong ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities.
- Willingness and ability to collaborate with peers and stakeholders at all levels.
- Competency in Microsoft Office applications, SharePoint, Databases, and ERP Systems and Processes.
What’s in it for you?
- Stable, growing company that has been in business for 80 years
- Flexible, 40-Hour Work Week
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Account
- Subsidized Health Insurance Plan
- Dental and Vision Plans
- FREE Life Insurance
- FREE Long-Term Disability Insurance