Information Technology Manager | High Tech Company | Corporate Career
Radio Engineering Industries, Inc. (REI) is a leading manufacturer of infotainment, video surveillance and fleet management solutions for public transit, rail, school transportation and commercial transportation. We are looking for a conscientious problem-solver to lead our Information Technology team.
As our new Information Technology Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating and designing all operational activities of the IT department, as well as providing direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business operations.
As an IT Manager, you must be:
- Skilled at multi-tasking – able to work on multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining high standards
- Results-focused – you understand what it takes to meet objectives
- Process-driven – you can create new and modify existing processes to ensure efficiency
- Deadline-driven - you understand what it takes to get the work done keeping in mind deadlines and time-restrictions
- Analytical - you understand that information gathering and analyzing is crucial to decision-making
- Sense of urgency – you know what it takes to get projects done on time and how to motivate others.
- An expert in your field
- Skilled in critical thinking, analysis and problem solving
As an IT Manager, you will:
- Perform network design and capacity planning;
- Work directly with CFO and VP of Engineering to implement technical operations and strategies that advance the short- and long-term goals of the company;
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery;
- Perform and direct installation, configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting of end user workstation hardware, software, and peripheral devices;
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers and contractors to secure network product and services;
- Research, evaluate, and stay current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies;
- Provide infrastructure guidance and support for software developers and hardware engineers as it relates to internal product development;
- Manage the budget requirements for the IT department. Recommends/approves IT-related purchases, including capital assets as well as consumables;
- Provide advisory services and pre-sales consulting to assist the sales team in selling, deploying, and providing third tier support for REI products and services;
- Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, training and development, evaluations and disciplinary actions.
As an IT Manager, you must have:
- University degree in the field of computer science or information systems plus 5 years of related work experience;
- Certifications in A+, Network+, CCNA/CCNP, MCSA/MCSE or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience managing and directing an IT operation;
- Good understanding and technical knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems, MS Server, MS SQL Server, MS Dynamics CRM, MS SharePoint, ERP systems, BMC Footprints, Patch management and software deployment and firewall management;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Hands-on leader capable of carrying out all duties and responsibilities with limited support and direction;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Ability to work under pressure in a team-oriented environment.
What’s in it for you?
- Stable, growing company that has been in business for 80 years
- Flexible, 40-Hour Work Week
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Account
- Subsidized Health Insurance Plan
- Dental and Vision Plans
- FREE Life Insurance
- FREE Long-Term Disability Insurance