Customer Service Representative | Stable Company | Cutting Edge Products and Services
Radio Engineering Industries, Inc. (REI) is a leading manufacturer of infotainment, video surveillance and fleet management solutions for public transit, rail, school transportation and commercial transportation. Because of growth, REI is looking to add to our Customer Service department.
As our new Customer Service Representative, you will apply your communication skills to respond to customer concerns.
As a Customer Service Representative, you must be:
- Focused – you understand how to work within established guidelines and procedures
- An Effective Communicator – you understand how to communicate based on need, in a variety of ways
- Task-oriented - have high standards of quality and accuracy to get the job done
- Reliable – you understand that consistency is important to provide the best service
- Independent – Able to work on your own
- Analytical – you understand that information gathering and analyzing is crucial to decision-making
As a Customer Service Representative, you will:
- Resolve product or service problems by:
- Clarifying the customer’s complaint;
- Determining the cause of the problem;
- Selecting and explaining the best solution to solve the problem;
- Expediting correction or adjustment;
- Following up to ensure resolution
- Organize and prioritize work to meet department and customer demands promptly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Receive product returned for credit:
- Examine returned product for damage;
- Repackage returned product for resale, if applicable;
- Research and write parts sales orders;
- Communicate with other departments regarding product returns, shipping replacement or repaired product, credits, and repairs.
- Enter information into system regarding customer contact, returns, exchanges, and other related information.
- Assist in maintaining a parts inventory system.
As a Customer Service Representative, you must have:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Minimum two years computer experience, to include Microsoft Office Excel and Word, and Outlook.
- Minimum two years customer service experience.
- Experience with Inventory is helpful.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task with efficiency.
- Exceptional customer service and phone skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment.
- The ability to lift up to 30 lbs, stand for long periods of time, be able to push, pull, stoop, kneel, type, and speak on the phone.
What’s in it for you?
- Stable, growing company that has been in business for 80 years
- Flexible, 40-Hour Work Week
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Account
- Subsidized Health Insurance Plan
- Dental and Vision Plans
- FREE Life Insurance
- FREE Long-Term Disability Insurance