Technical Support Specialist | Stable Company | Quality Products and Services
Radio Engineering Industries, Inc. (REI) is a leading manufacturer of infotainment, video surveillance and fleet management solutions for public transit, rail, school transportation and commercial transportation. REI is a growing, 80-year-old family-owned company that is looking to add to our employee base.
Position Summary: As our new Technical Support Specialist, you will apply your technical and communications expertise to provide first tier technical support to internal and external customers.
As a Technical Support Specialist, you must be:
- An expert in your field
- Focused – able to analyze issues and determine a course of action to rectify
- Detailed – you understand how important the smallest detail is to success
- Task-oriented - have high standards of quality and accuracy to get the job done
- Reliable – you understand that consistency is important to provide the best service
- Independent – Able to work on your own
- Effective communicator – you understand how to communicate based on need, in a variety of ways
As a Technical Support Specialist, you will:
- Answer client phone calls, assist caller with ticket submission, or enter the ticket on behalf of the caller.
- Level One help desk assistance for troubleshooting of hardware/software issues.
- Route tickets to the appropriate department/technician.
- Monitor tickets and escalation to ensure SLAs are adhered to.
- Maintain help desk reports for IT and ATS management.
- Coordinate repairs with field service technicians for surveillance systems.
As a Technical Support Specialist, you must have:
- A minimum of one-year customer support/help desk experience.
- Prefer customer service experience.
- Working knowledge of Android, Apple, and Windows tablets and smartphone technology.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office desktop software applications (i.e. Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- High school diploma or GED required. Secondary education preferred.
- Ability to work independently and follow tasks through to completion.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are essential.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Stable, growing company that has been in business for 80 years
- Flexible, 40-Hour Work Week
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Account
- Subsidized Health Insurance Plan
- Dental and Vision Plans
- FREE Life and Long-term Disability Insurance
- FREE Long-Term Disability Insurance