Field Installation Technician | Stable Company | Cutting Edge Products and Services
Radio Engineering Industries, Inc. (REI) is a leading manufacturer of infotainment, video surveillance and fleet management solutions for public transit, rail, school transportation and commercial transportation. Radio Engineering Industries, Inc. (REI) is a leading manufacturer of infotainment, video surveillance and fleet management solutions for public transit, rail, school transportation and commercial transportation. REI is a growing 80-year-old family-owned company that is looking to add to our employee base.
Position Summary: As our new Field Installation Technician, you will apply your technical expertise to install and train REI products at customer sites.
As a Field Installation Technician, you must be:
- An expert in your field
- Focused – able to analyze issues and determine a course of action to rectify
- Steady – able to complete a set of procedures before moving on to a new one
- Task-oriented - have high standards of quality and accuracy to get the job done
- Reliable – you understand that consistency is important to provide the best service
- Quality-driven – producing correct and attractive copy is very important to you
- Independent – Able to work on your own
- Detailed – you understand how important the smallest detail is to success
As a Field Installation Technician, you will:
- Install and support various mobile surveillance equipment
- Train customers on mobile surveillance equipment operations
- Troubleshoot, repair and update electronic equipment as needed
- Document and report issues directly to REI’s engineering department and work closely with them to resolve
- Provide excellent customer service with both external and internal customers
- Abide by all customer health and safety protocols and procedures while on-site
- Travel a minimum of 50% of the time to customer locations in the U.S.
As a Field Installation Technician, you must have:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Degree or certificate or previous experience and training in electronics is desirable.
- Strong technical skills in electronics and computer hardware/software.
- Mechanically inclined and have previous experience with equipment installations in a mobile or automotive environment.
- The ability to work independently and manage your time and expenses.
- A working knowledge of handheld electronics, including smart phones, iPads, etc., preferred.
- A clean driving record with a valid driver’s license.
- Experience with computers and preferably have modest networking skills.
- Strong customer support and communication skills.
What’s in it for you?
- Stable, growing company that has been in business for 80 years
- Flexible, 40-Hour Work Week
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Account
- Subsidized Health Insurance Plan
- Dental and Vision Plans
- FREE Life and Long-term Disability Insurance
- FREE Long-Term Disability Insurance