Director of Quality Assurance | Solid Company | Corporate Career
Radio Engineering Industries, Inc. (REI) is a leading manufacturer of infotainment, video surveillance and fleet management solutions for public transit, rail, school transportation and commercial transportation. Radio Engineering Industries, Inc. (REI) is a leading manufacturer of infotainment, video surveillance and fleet management solutions for public transit, rail, school transportation and commercial transportation. REI is a growing 80 year-old family-owned company that is looking to add to our employee base.
This position is located at our office in Omaha, Nebraska
As our new Director of Quality Assurance, you will apply your experience in leadership, program-development, and coordination of activities to improve the efficiency and promote cost-effective production across the organization. You will regularly collaborate with Engineering, Sales, Manufacturing, and Finance as well as new and established vendors both domestic and foreign.
As the Director of Quality Assurance, you must be:
- Analytical - you understand that information gathering and analyzing is crucial to decision-making
- Detailed – you understand how important the smallest detail is to success
- Deadline-driven - you understand what it takes to get the work done keeping in mind deadlines and time-restrictions
- Self-Motivated – you are your harshest critic and biggest supporter
- Goal-oriented – you understand how your work fits in the big picture and follow through to make your goals a reality
- A Team-Player – you understand the basics tenants of being a great teammate including proper time management, communication, and attendance
- Process-driven – you can create new and modify existing processes to ensure efficiency and quality products
- Skilled in critical thinking, analysis and problem solving
- Skilled at developing effective working relationships at all levels in the organization
As the Director of Quality Assurance, you will:
- Supervise and direct the activities of Quality Assurance staff members to support all manufacturing operations both internal and outsourced.
- Evaluate the current state of the Quality Assurance System by leading the creation of technical and statistical investigations of quality issues.
- Evaluate the quality of REI’s Global ODM and OEM manufacturers.
- Lead the auditing of internal Quality Systems and completes part approval documentation to assure that customers’ requirements are met.
- Ensure Quality organization support to Supply Chain management organization relative to the collection and analysis of supplier quality data and assists suppliers with product and process quality requirements.
- Visit customers and vendors to review and resolve quality concerns and issues.
- Develop QMS procedures, instructions and forms consistent with ISO 9001, ASQE and Lean.
- Maintain and analyze customer return and failure rate data in depth and trend Quality Metrics.
- Lead failure investigation and corrective action for customer related failures, and facilitate customer quality & reliability interactions.
- Apply excellent coaching, mentoring, and communication skills to develop and grow the Quality Assurance staff.
As the Director of Quality Assurance, you must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.S.) in a technical discipline (Engineering or Manufacturing) and four to six years of related training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of 6 Sigma (or comparable) methods and techniques, process control systems, process capability, measurements and analysis, Lean Manufacturing, FMEA, PPAP, preventive action, and continuous improvement programs required.
- Excellent knowledge of statistical software, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, project management and ERP/MRP.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, direct and influence others.
What’s in it for you?
- Stable, growing company that has been in business for 80 years
- Flexible 40 Hour Work Week
- Casual Dress Environment
- Paid Vacation
- Holiday Pay
- Flexible Spending Account
- Subsidized Health Insurance Plan
- Dental and Vision Plans
- FREE Life Insurance
- FREE Long-Term Disability Insurance