Automated Drive Systems is seeking an experienced Automation Technician to assist customers with troubleshooting, commissioning and repairing AC and DC drive systems and related automation products. We are a fast-growing, dynamic organization that is intensely focused on providing creative automation solutions that are cost effective and utilize the highest quality components available in the market. This position as potential for personal growth and career development. Our company’s culture will be a great fit for individuals that are highly motivated and possess an inner passion for automation, developing creative solutions to challenging issues and exception customer experiences.
Role and Responsibilities
The successful candidate for this position will be in individual that loves to work with electrical power systems and perform high level equipment troubleshooting and has a minimum of 6 years of direct experience. The position will be responsible for performing field service on AC and DC drive systems, performing basic and advanced electric and automation system troubleshooting as well as have an opportunity to work with and build control panels. This position will spend approximately 50% in the field in either a troubleshooting or applications selection capacity as well as approximately 50% in shop assisting with troubleshooting, drive repair and control panel fabrication as customer demands dictate.
Candidate will interface closely with customers, always presenting professionalism and a willingness to help. Candidate will also be required to obtain certifications with key manufacturers within 6 months of hire, for which training will be provided. Candidate will be responsible for following safe electrical work practices and have knowledge of industrial equipment and safety. Candidate should be knowledgeable in process automation solutions especially AC and DC drives and an understanding of standard codes (UL508A, NEC/NFPA, CSA/IEC etc.)
Automated Drive Systems is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive benefits package including 401(k), health and dental insurance as well as education assistance.
Qualifications and Preferred Skills
· Associates Degree in a Technical Field with specific training on Drives and PLCs and a minimum of 6 years of experience directly relating to VFD, PLC and automation products.
· Strong electrical troubleshooting skills.
· Experience working with AC and DC Drives, including troubleshooting and repair.
· Experience programming AC and DC Drives.
· Ability to read and interpret electrical diagrams and schematics.
· Experience with electrical control panel assembly and wiring.
· Ability to provide Applications and Product selection assistance to customer and in-house staff.
· Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical individuals.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to self-manage and organize time in the most effective manner. Ability to create and maintain a schedule.
· Demonstrate strong problem-solving skills and ability to develop creative solutions based on the products and services available in company portfolio.
· Maintain a valid driver’s license.
· PLC Programming, AutoCAD design or Application specification experience a plus.
· Demonstrate proficiency with PC computers including Microsoft Office products.
Work Environment: Industrial Facilities, Warehouses, Food Processing, and other customer sites. Must be able to travel extensively in the region year round in all climates. Hours are directed by customer requirements and needs. The need for unusual work hours may arise and must be accommodated.
Physical Effort: Position will require ability to lift 50 lbs, safe use of ladders, scaffolding and other means of elevated work. Walking and driving to and around customer sites will be required. High energy level and motivated attitude required. Must have ability to stand for long periods of time, climb ladders and stairs.
Mental Effort: This position will demand a great deal of mental effort and the ability to make sound decisions based on experience and analysis of situations that arise.
Communication: Excellent verbal and written skills are required. All communications with customers, vendors, reps, and other staff should reflect the level of professionalism and competence expected of a professional.
Sensory Abilities: See, hear, smell and touch for examining customer applications and equipment.
Description of duties:
· Commission and Install AC and DC Drives.
· Troubleshoot AC and DC Drives, PLC’s. Relay Logic, Switches, Power Supplies, and related automation equipment.
· Repair of Drives, PLCs and other automation equipment.
· Control Panel Fabrication (UL508A)
· Field Service of Drives and Automation Equipment.
· Maintenance of Drives and Automation Equipment.
· Use knowledge of process and applications to educate customers, determine needs and develop solutions.
· Manage and follow up on support requests from customers, and co-workers.
· Learn and become an expert on company vendor products and company services.
· Respond to customer inquiries via phone, in person and through e-mail.
· Act as a trusted advisor to customers with application questions.
· Maintain notes and reports of activities and projects.
· Successful candidate may be called on to perform additional technical duties as needed that match their experience and skill set.
Other duties as may be assigned.
|Date Posted||October 2, 2017|
|Date Closes||November 1, 2017|
|Address||6410 S 118th Street|
|Located In||Omaha, NE|
|Job Type||Full-time Employee|
|Compensation||Hourly Wage, $21.00 - $35.00, Based on Experience|
|Experience Level||Experienced (7-15 yrs. experience)|
|Hours||40-45 Typical hours per week|
|SOC Category||17-3023.01 Electronics Engineering Technicians|
|Travel||Yes - 25|
|Address||6410 S 118th Street|
|City, State and Zip||Omaha, NE 68137|
This job offers the following benefits
This job requires the following skills
This job is related other jobs in these career categories
Course(s) relevant to the skills listed for this position