Operations Instructional Design Specialist
Pacific Life Insurance Company Newport Beach, CA
Operations Instructional Design Specialist
The RSD Operations Training team is responsible for coordinating and facilitating all onboarding, conceptual business and product training, and role-based skill-training for a variety of frontline RSD Operations teams. A portion of the team will support the divisions unique, single point of contact, call center, comprised of FINRA-licensed Annuity Product Specialists, trained to provide business-differentiating service to a non-segmented base of clients. Also supported are the retail and structured Operations processing teams, where Business Service Specialists conduct review and processing of a wide spectrum of pre- and post-issue annuity contract transactions. External hires into advanced Operations teams will also be included in the Operations onboarding experience. Through service excellence, these teams are all viewed as cornerstone differentiators in why clients choose to conduct their business through Pacific Life.
The Operations Instructional Design Specialist is responsible for developing effective onboarding, new hire and up-training curriculum across a variety of platforms (e-learning, in-person, virtual), that maximizes learner comprehension and retention, while supporting a positive employee experience, connecting staff to the organization and its values. Regularly conducts needs analysis with departmental stakeholders to develop and enhance coursework for each areas learning roadmap, evaluates and evolves existing curriculum to incorporate industry, organizational, procedural and product changes, and socializes learning opportunities across Operations.
Create and Develop Curriculum
Administration and Project Management
- Conduct needs assessments and job analysis with management, Trainers and data analysts to determine training needs.
- Define instructional objectives and select appropriate delivery methods to appeal to all adult learning styles.
- Write narratives and collaborate with Trainers to develop storyboards.
- Design and build interactive learning experiences using a variety of training methods and reinforcement strategies (e.g. case studies, stories, small group activities, games, simulations, etc.)
- Create trainers guides, participant materials, visuals, job aids., and guide trainers to effectively implement.
- Demonstrates strong awareness of Operations and PL values and objectives, incorporating messaging throughout content.
- Make enhancements as necessary, cascading throughout program, as appropriate for consistency.
- Utilizes the Training, Project and Knowledge Management teams and subject matter experts as necessary to vet accuracy of content. Works positively with all stakeholders, ensuring effective outcomes.
- Documents how all components fit into the training roadmap for each Operations team.
- Evaluates pilots of new courses and makes adjustments prior to launches.
- Promotes learning opportunities across Operations teams, generating interest and participation.
- Ensures all documentation follows compliance guidelines for approval, storage and retention.
- Stays informed of and applies best practices around current professional learning standards and trends in training designs.
- Maintains an organized module-based training library through LMS system and KNET.
- Tracks all ongoing initiatives; Able to fluidly communicate each initiatives objective and status.
- Communicates status with all key stakeholders.
- Meets established deadlines.
- Demonstrates awareness of the Performance Management and SMART goal writing process and meets target deadlines for check-ins and evaluations. Takes ownership for goals and learning opportunities. Collaborates with Supervisor to identify growth opportunities and craft meaningful goals. Comes prepared for coaching sessions with status of progress. Follows through on action plans.
- Bachelors degree required; instructional design or related training degree recommended.
- 3+ years experience in a similar role, including experience in e-learning design, instructional design and content development.
- Requires demonstrated knowledge of instructional design theory and adult learning principles.
- Competency with training development and animation tools required, including Articulate 360. Knowledge of Camtasia preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, specifically PowerPoint. Visio also helpful.
- Experience with administration of Learning Management Systems helpful; preferably Cornerstone.
- Able to work effectively with diverse groups of people and various position levels.
- Must be able to plan and manage time effectively to meet project deadlines.
- Must be comfortable working in an environment of change.
- Experience in a financial services or annuities operations environment is not required, but a plus
| Date Posted
November 9, 2019
| Date Closes
December 9, 2019
| Located In
Newport beach, CA
| SOC Category