Pacific Life Insurance Company Aliso Viejo, CA
Currently, we are seeking a talented Reinsurance Specialist to join the Life Insurance Division in Aliso Viejo. The Life Insurance Division works with financial and insurance professionals to give families and businesses the life insurance coverage needed to help meet important financial protection, wealth accumulation, and wealth preservation goals.Primary Responsibilities:
Factors for Success:
- Responsible for managing claims of $442M and premiums of $414M
- Understand all reinsurance processes and be able to research and process daily Ceded Reinsurance new business transactions through the TAI Life Reinsurance system for all Facultative, Automatic, M Life, Swiss Re Specials, Multilife and Retain Alls.
- Ensure that the Reinsurance instructions from the Underwriter follow treaty guidelines for new business, and that NBS inputs all data correctly into Cyberlife to ensure that the feed to TAI is accurate.
- Work closely with Risk Selection, New Business Services and Client Services as needed to clarify ceding instructions and resolve processing issues.
- Help with training of errors and answering questions/issues from Reinsurers.
- Understand the mainframe systems, Alis, Cyberlife and Vantage, to aid in researching and resolving issues.
- Daily, work all reports and process all policy changes, analyzing issues and working with the various areas to resolve any discrepancies. All reports must be completed each day.
- Work Weekly and Monthly error reports to ensure that the TAI system has correct data so that premiums process correctly for payment to the reinsurers. Partner with the Reinsurance Analysts, to resolve any issues.
- Maintains M relationship, performing complicated ceding and being responsible for making sure that information is received from M Life to allow for timely ceding of the business.
- Responsible at time of claim to analyze reinsurance (such as retention, risk class, ceding instructions, correcting any issues) has been correctly administered over the life of the policy prior to reinsurer being notified of claim.
- Utilize reinsurance knowledge to review and analyze various daily and monthly reports for pending and paid claims.
- Prepare Preliminary Notification and Request for Reimbursement of claim notices to the Reinsurers. Ensure that the all claims are properly processed within the TAI system and paid in a timely manner within the stated SLA for each reinsurer.
- Performs follow up on outstanding claims with the reinsurers, escalating issues as needed, to ensure proper payment.
Note: Job grade may vary based on skills and experience. #LI-NL1
- 1-2 years of experience in Reinsurance or Life Insurance strongly preferred
- Life Insurance product, process and/or system knowledge strongly preferred
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail critical
- Ability to collaborate with team members and other key stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize/communicate conflicting demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail orientated, self-starter, ability to work independently with strong initiative and able to multi-task.
- Proficiency in MS Office products.
- SQL experience a plus.
| Date Posted
July 12, 2019
| Date Closes
August 11, 2019
| Located In
Aliso viejo, CA
| SOC Category