Sr Portfolio Strategist
Pacific Life Insurance Company Boston, MA
Sr. Portfolio StrategistCadence Capital Management is a Boston-based investment adviser founded in 1988. Cadence is an affiliate of Pacific Global Asset Management, the asset management arm of Pacific Life Insurance Company. Cadence operates as an independent investment adviser with approximately $4 billion in assets under management. Cadence manages disciplined, systematic investment strategies ranging from global Factor-Based portfolios to active growth stock portfolios across the market capitalization spectrum. We use a team approach in everything we do -- from our investment team to trading to operations to administration. Cadence is currently seeking a Sr. Portfolio Strategist that will focus primarily on providing investment insights, service, and counseling to clients, prospects, and/or intermediaries for the Factor-Based strategies The candidate will use multiple forms of communication to help explain the firms investment philosophy, process, and performance as well as provide updates on overall capital markets performance, economic trends, and the firms investment outlook. The role requires a seasoned investor with excellent communication, marketing/sales, and client relationship skills. While the Portfolio Specialist may be involved in product design and development, they will be primarily externally focused. As a result, a moderate amount of travel with the distribution team will be required. Core Responsibilities
- Provide clients, prospects, consultants, and intermediaries with ongoing updates and insights about the firms philosophy, process, performance, and investment outlook.
- New business development.
- Serve as PM Proxy and bring valuable insights back to investment team that may directly impact the management of portfolios.
- Participate in investment strategy meetings with portfolio managers.
- May assist in and/or is responsible for new product design and development.
- Typically covers the largest and/or most complex prospects, consultants, clients/accounts.
- As firm grows may serves as the lead contact on certain accounts and/or intermediaries.
*This role is located in Boston, Massachusetts Experience
WHERE YOUR POTENTIAL MEETS OUR PURPOSE:
- Seasoned investment professional (typically has 10 or more years of investment experience).
- Broad understanding of the capital markets
- CFA Preferred.
- Excellent communications skills
- In-depth knowledge of quantitative investment approaches.
- Well-developed communication skills, both oral and written
At Cadence and Pacific Life, you are given the opportunities and challenges to embrace your potential and achieve your personal best, every day. What you find here is something special its purposeful work done with a shared set of values that brings us all together.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes: Competitive salary and bonus program Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment in investing in the health and wellbeing of our employees Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid) Generous vacation time and holiday pay And much more!
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative at Pacific Life Insurance Company
| Date Posted
December 17, 2018
| Date Closes
January 16, 2019
| Located In
| SOC Category