Senior Financial Analyst
Pacific Life Insurance Company Newport Beach, CA
Currently we are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst to join our Aviation Capital Group in Newport Beach, CA.
Aviation Capital Group (ACG) is a privately held, wholly owned subsidiary of Pacific Life Insurance Company (Pacific Life), an industry leader amongst life insurance companies.
With over 270 owned and managed commercial jet aircraft leased to approximately 95 airlines in approximately 40 countries, ACG is a proven Fleet Strategy Solutions provider to the world's airlines. Our full-service operating lease platform, forged over 28 years of industry leadership, is core to our ability to offer these solutions. Additionally, our global market expertise combined with our strong manufacturer and global financial institution relationships enable us to provide advisory services and customized financial products.
Our operating lease platform also drives our Asset Management services, which include managed aircraft portfolios and other products for investors.Responsibilities:
Factors for Success:
- Fulfill all requirements of the FP&A department as it relates to the development and presentation of the annual budget, long range strategic plan, quarterly forecasts, variance analysis and ad-hoc decision support analysis.
- Leverage a broad network of subject matter experts across the company to better inform financial analysis and ensure that management has all relevant information to make quality decisions.
- Critically evaluate current processes, tools and data/work flows and identify opportunities for enhancement and lead the implementation in each case.
- Establish a track record of on-time delivery of accurate, insightful and user-friendly financial analysis that meets the needs of the intended audience.
- This position will learn the basic operation of the current and future-state financial forecast models, update and reconcile actual results and manage an interactive driver & data update process with multiple subject matter experts.
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or economics required
- 5+ years of work experience in FP&A or Corporate Finance
- Public Company or Leasing/Financial Services experience preferred
- Strong understanding and experience in applying GAAP accounting principles
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills required
- Advanced Excel capabilities including creating macros and data manipulation
- Complex financial modeling, data mining and planning software experience highly valued
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Ability to build and deliver presentations to senior management
- Strong organization skills, with ability to effectively prioritize work and meet deadlines, attention to detail
| Date Posted
November 9, 2018
| Date Closes
December 9, 2018
| Located In
Newport beach, CA
| SOC Category